I need to upgrade my car performance

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20649
i really want to get direct port nitrous injection with stand alone fuel management.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1323
Go for it! I really want to get dual exhaust and a new tune. More for fuel mileage reasons than the added hp/torque.

Nitrous can be nice if it's done good :-)

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

NC Http://com4....

Post Number: 793
go for it!!! u got the v6 accord correct?

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20650
yeah its v6 6speed manual transmission.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4989
nos will shorten the life of your engine :-)

best bet is turbo/supercharge with a proper tune

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 2044
I second kevin.

Troy get dual on your car you will love them.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2522
yeah, turbo IMO but they are both good.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2523
plus nitrous is illegal on the streets, you have to refill the tank and unless you wanna run a wide open throttle switch, you have to push a button when you want it.

With a turbo you put it in and no buttons, no refilling, no legal issues plus a blow off valve just sounds so cool...

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9102
If I understand it right the super charger will use alot of gas and a turbo wont (as long as your not heavy on the pedal)...if thats correct turbo gets my vote and nitrous is hard on the engine I thought as well

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20651
i want to make my accord a 10second car.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9103
there's a honda crx here local thats at least 11 seconds ...hes got whatever the best motor swap is for those cars and a turbo and nitrous as well I think...but I hear he breaks stuff on the car alot

Silver Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 478
"i want to make my accord a 10second car."

Setup the NOS then...

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20653
ima be racing for pinks.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 3510
chad no way will that accord be a 10 second car. ill bet...

the cisco kid

Gold Member

Post Number: 4991
youll have to loose your car audio to make that a 10 second car.. as well as your interior and sheetmetal.. not to mention drop more under the hood than you paid for the car :-)

turbos do not use less than a supercharger on the gas question

if you run the same size injectors and are running the same psi and have a GOOD tune you should see the same fuel mileage

if you want to build a drag car use nos.. if you want a daily driver boost it

my neighbor has a civic hatch that runs 10.7 in the quarter on slicks and 11.8 on street tires

he is running a B16 boosted on 28psi.. was his daily driver for 2yrs until he dropped a valve recently.. hes now building a B18 wit ha B16 head with a larger turbo.. going to run about half the psi and expect around 600WHP.. he was making 425WHP

car performance is a lot of money chad and a lot of time.. youll easily spend more on performance parts than your whole system cost you.. dyno tunes are no where near cheap :-).. and parts keep going up because of material costs rising

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2407
sounds like ur trying to live ur life through fast and the furious

hahah

stand alone fuel management system , not a bad way to spend 10,000 dollars - vin diesel aka dom

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9490
Almost had me? You never had me, you never had your car.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4992
:-)

Upload

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Lagrange, GA USA

Post Number: 1843
I personally like nitrous + turbo :-) But, nitrous will not shorten the life of your engine any worse than any power adder. As long as your compression isn't high and you tune car safe, you can run her forever. Of course I am talking based on american rods. I did have a civic blow up on my dyno with nitrous, but it happens when you keep hot plugs in there lol.

Oh, and turbo's are more efficient than a supercharger :-) If you have the same car, but one with supercharger and oter with turbo wth same boost, turbo car will always win.

>> My hero lol....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T3RZCI0KPo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-mASQxP0Qc&feature=related

That is Tim lynch. He lives about 1 1/2 north of me. Good guys and he owns the 10.5 record. That is street legal tires he runs on. Steve Petty built and tuned his engine. Steve is the GOD of turbo stangs, maybe turbo cars period.

Kevin

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20671
lol mike i was wondering when someone was gonna catch that. lol. after i made the thread, fast and the furious came to mind. lol.

nice to both kevins. lol.

Gold Member

Lagrange, GA USA

Post Number: 1845
Here is another piece of eye candy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z99ATnN_q5E

Notice the turbo cobra spinning, that's why it took a second :-)

Kevin

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20673
that is insane. i want a fricking turbo so badly now.

if i was to get a turbo kit for my car, what other upgrades do i need to do to my engine to support it?

Gold Member

Lagrange, GA USA

Post Number: 1846
Bigger injectors, fuel rail, tune (piggy back like an AEM), and that should be fine. Just make sure your fuel system can support what you want. First thing though, check out the compression on your car. You NEED to know that. Then find out your fuel system. Let me know what they are, and I will help set you up with what you need.

Kevin

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20675
how do i find the compression of my car?

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2046
lol. what is that supposed to mean?

Gold Member

Lagrange, GA USA

Post Number: 1847
LOL!! You must be a weird looking fella with injector(s) lol. I bet you get all the women :-)

Kevin

Gold Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2048
Did you edit your post or something Chad lol.

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20676
you can edit now? wow that's new to me.

anyways steve, i am using the kx250.2 for the rear 6x9 right now and it sounds awesome.

Gold Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2049
nice. glad you could use it.:-)

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20678
yeah. at first i had it running off my hu but the sq wasn't good. as soon as i hooked up the kicker, the speakers came alive.

i think ima get a dls a2 amp later though. i want all matching amps.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9112
that cobra video is awesome...and the Tim lynch video...that car just hooked up and flew down the track

Gold Member

Post Number: 5002
depends on what homes in the kit.. if your compression is too high you may want to get some thicker head gaskets to drop it a bit or run low boost

you would probably be safe to run 8psi on your n/a motor.. check around and see what people are running for turbo setups on your car and read up on what they did or needed and fine out how much psi are running with what supporting mods

about the fuel system, youll most likely need a higher flowing fuel pump along with what kevin said and a boost controller if the kit don't come with one.. also a fmic kit .. again unless the kit came with it..

im pretty sure theres more i just can't think about it.. been busy trying to buy a house so my mind is frazzled :-(

oh yeah, 1 step colder spark plugs :P

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 7986
"But, nitrous will not shorten the life of your engine any worse than any power adder."

That's funny because that's exactly what I was going to post but then I read that. One really good thing to do to gain performance is what lil' Kevin mentioned and that's weight reduction. Rip apart and out the entire interior. Another good place to cut weight is on the driver to be honest. I hate having another person in my car because the extra 150-200 pounds makes me think I'm losing a lot of performance haha. Chad, you should first max out your car on bolt ons and then if you really need more power run either a supercharger or a turbo. Either form of forced induction will sometimes require an upgraded fuel delivery system, injectors, fuel rail, fuel pump and you'll need to get a chip or have your current one re-mapped. You should ditch the 19'' wheels too for some light-weight ones and maybe a carbon fiber hood and trunk? Don't forget that 60-0 is important too :-) Upgrade those brakes!

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20679
rob i don't got the 19inch rims anymore. i have my stock 17s back on there now. when i get new rims next month, it will be 18s so i can have more tire.

Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Lagrange, GA USA

Post Number: 1848
If you have a 2006 3.0 V6, you have a 10 compression engine. I would recommend no more than 8 psi on stock engine with no gasket upgrades. Hopefully you have a 255 lph fuel pump. If not, you need to grab that. Try to find out what size your fuel pump is. From there you can tell if you need upgraed fuel rails.

When we turbo or s/c a stang, we add fuel pump, 42 lb injectors, tune it, and let it ride. Thats with no more than 12 psi of course.

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1274
I personally wouln't run nitrous, turbo, or supercharger unless there was a fully forged rotating assembly with a very good gasket designed for turbo or supercharger applications. Could get pretty pricy though, we have a V6 from a Talon in the shop right now and we just got an estemate from J&E on the pistons and they want over $1100 just for the pistons and rings. Felpro wants $270 for their best turbo gasket made for this engine. If it were me, I would look into it because the factory equipment is not meant to handle any forced induction, unless it came factory. I would also not run a turbo since I think "turbo lag" sucks and there is none with a supercharger that is run off the crank. But there is a downfall to the supercharger running off the crank meaning it will drag/slow the engine rotation but since there is no lag in power/boost, you won't even notice... Its your choice but I prefer the supercharger over turbo. I stay away from the gas/nitrous since bottle refilling or buying is a pain and expensive after a while. Stay with a turbo or supercharger after you put some work into the engine first. all-time power vs burst of power. And yes, Kevin is correct, with any power adder you need to add more fuel to the mix since you are forcing alot more air into the combustion chamber. Got to keep the air/fuel ratio correct so you don't burn it up. JMO

This is what happens when you put forced induction on a stock rotating assembly

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9159219187195043576&q=mustang%20engine% 20blow%20up&hl=en

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1275
"Here is another piece of eye candy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z99ATnN_q5E

Notice the turbo cobra spinning, that's why it took a second

Kevin"

I believe that is the "turbo lag" and the reason the turbo was behind at first. I also noticed the supercharged cobra driver has a problem shifting. That car is too nice for that driver. LOL. Both were nice cars!! JMO

Gold Member

Post Number: 9125
check this car out 1700 hp mild settings 8.76 1/4 mile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IOpuGVoyCk&NR=1

1900 hp 7.99 seconds 1/4 mile world record

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBEeo6l3a6s&feature=related

then this mitsubishi eclipse at a 6.94 1/4 mile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdwCQo54kiM&feature=related

Gold Member

Post Number: 5008
chad you should not have a big issue with turbo lag unless you use a huge turbo.. you've got a v6 so spool time should not be too bad

besides the lag, anything you gain over stock is better than stock.. 7-8psi on a stock motor should be fine on the internals as long as your tune is correct

your car would pull like stock until you started to boost so just imagine v-tech kicking in around 2500-3000rpm but with a lot more dramatic pull

from part of my log..

RPM||PSI
1832||-10.74
1830||-10.74
1796||-10.74
1843||-5.95
2034||0.29
2258||1.74
2557||3.77
2778||7.4
3110||13.06
3519||18.14
3596||18.28

Bronze Member
Username: Dirtrider125

Post Number: 73
what r u doin with the 19s r u tryin to sell em i might grab them from u

Gold Member

Lagrange, GA USA

Post Number: 1851
Sinful, the turbos of today don't have much of a lag if you tune them right :-) The ball bearing turbo like the T-03/04 hybrid is a nasty beech with little or no lag. As for s/c, they do have some lag as well. Go ride in a saleen or shelby, in 2nd gear when you hit 2300 rpms, she hits hard and breaks loose. It's kinda a win loose with s/c though. You can run a twin screw which is nice on bottom end but on top end will lack some, an brings ALOT of heat to the top of the engine. Centrifigul (sp) have more of a lag than any turbo tuned or not, and can not stand them. But for efficiency/power turbo will always win.

As for cobras in vid, listen close on 2nd run, you will hear the tires :-)

Kevin

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1276
Kevin, If you have ever driven a mustang before, you would know that in second gear on a pull, you would never get as low as 2300 RPM. If you drive it right, the rpm will never drop below 3000 which is the start of the power curve in these ford engines. I still prefer superchargers so oil lines are not necessary ike the "ball bearing turbo" you listed above.

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1277
Sorry "like" not "ike"

Gold Member

Lagrange, GA USA

Post Number: 1853
I have owned ALOT of mustangs and my performance shop specialized in them :-) Where I live we start from a dead stop at the strip though, not 2nd gear :-)

In the centrifigul supercharges as the Pro Charger P1-SC, it houses oil on the inside and needs to be changed every other oil change. As for Novi, they like for you to tap into your oil pan and run a line. I perfer running a line so every time the oil is changed, so is the s/c :-)

As for stangs I have owned:

04 Mach (my fav), 88 coupe with 408(yates heads $4K worth), 01 Saleen, couple GT's, and wifey had a few 6'ers. Ford is my game bro.

Off topic but funny, we had a 06 F-250 running low 12's in the 1/4 lol.

Kevin
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us