Frontstage/rear fill question

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2661
Ok boys...

I have a hertz hi-energy 3 way with an extra 6.5 for my front stage(2 6.5s, 3.5, tweet) run off of 2 ED NINe.2xs (2 200x2@4ohm). In the back i had a set of 5x7 alpine type R coax run off the HU.

I just bought another hi-enery 2 way(6.5 tweet) for the back but i think im going to run the extra tweeter up with the front stage rather than messing up the staging by putting the tweet in the back.

Good idea? Bad idea?...

The main point of this is to have a little rear fill because alot of people ride in the back of my car.

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2818
wait, so you would only have a 6.5 in the back with 4 6.5s, 4 tweets, and 2 3.5s up front?

idk how that would sound for the people in the back havings just 2 6.5s. i would think 4 6.5s, 2 3.5s, and 2 tweets would be good for up front, but if you're really cravin' ridiculous highs, you could give it a shot, or even wire it temporarily and see how you like it from the front/how it sounds in the back...

maybe i'm not reading it right

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2662
Yeah Cal you have it right.

I would toss the 6.5 and tweet in the back but im pretty sure it would mess my imaging up pretty bad.

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2820
gotchya.....yea i don't really know...i think that might require some testing

blaine (on here) has comps all around (they're not as insane as yours) but the rear comps are powered by the crossover and the fronts are amped and it sounds really good. granted, i don't know alot about imaging, but i like em. damn your new system is gonna be crazy

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20641
you can do the tweets in the back. as long as you set the levels correctly with the fader/balance or simply with the gain on your amp.

since you have a couple of tweeters up front, the back one won't mess up the imaging at all. it all depends on how you set it up.

i'll be on aim in about an hour so if you are on we can chat.

my new username is APRevo15

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2664
As of right now i only have 1 tweet up front.

The 2 way would be a second.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us