Help, i scratched my car

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20627
i scraped the passenger side door on a support beam in a parking structure. since that beam is yellow, it left few yellow scratches on my door. lucky it didn't dent anything. just left a few yellow streaks.

i got home and used this compound i have. it seems to work a bit but not really.

is there any compound i can use that will work wonders? also whats the best way to go about it? come on i know there are some autobody experts on here.

thanks in advanced,

the chad lee kid

Gold Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Boca Raton, Florida

Post Number: 1635
The best thing to do is not Scrap up against Poles in the first place lol.. JK

I saw soemthing on a tv infomercial cant emmba name

The Kangology Kid

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4438
Before anything try Mr.Clean magic eraser and start off gently make sure you fully wet it thoroughly. Afterwards use a soft sponge with a good amount of water and rubbing compound again gently is the key don't burn it. After all said and done and all paint is removed use a good quality wax, buff the whole car to blend.. If it is through the clear coat it may need to be touched up with PPG clear, airbrushes work wonders. Polo.

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20628
thanks polo

the chad lee kid

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4440
Hey Chad, you get my PM? Did you get rid of your SX amp? I found out the problem with mine, funny noise it sounded like arching it was two cracked power supply fets, but the amp still worked just didn't seem like it was full. I next dayed the parts from mouser hopefully its all good. Polo.

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20629
yeah i saw the pm. i replied to your email address.

anyways yeah i sold my amp long time ago. also sux about the fets but you know what you are doing so i am sure it will be cool.

Bronze Member
Username: Turdy

Post Number: 23
this sounds stupid but mothers mag aluminum polish works great as a mild rubbing compound. i used it to get red paint off my black car after a parking lot hit and run . you can't even tell anything happened

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5613
yeah rubbing compound and buffing it real good should do it as long as it didn't hit primer.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us