OT Debadging

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2815
I'm gonna debadge some of the letters on my car i think, but I can't figure out how. I tried sliding floss behind the letters/badges, but i can't. Any tips?!

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6035
try using a hair dryer. hold it there for a while so the glue loosens up and then pull off the lettering.

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 904
hair dryer might work.. but you're better off finding a heat gun and using that along with some plastic razor blades. also, before you go about doing this think about the age of your car, and whether it sits outside, etc. because if you have any paint fading it will show once you remove those letters, which will look a whole lot worse than having the letters there. that being said if you're confident, go for it. most cars look better debagded in my opinion.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3856
spray it with wd40, let it sit for a while. then use plastic knives and stuff to get it off. A heat gun can damage the paint if your not carefull. A hair dryr is probly safer.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2816
yea never thought about paint fade. well its a 00 jeep and it was garaged its whole life til recently and its got like 40k miles so i think ill be good. and its cleveland so it's not the sunniest place on ever. will plastic razor blades not damage the paint? and where should i find those, local hardware?

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 905
i would think you should be fine in terms of paint fade then.. plastic razorblades will be fine, you just have to be careful and patient. don't go digging at it, it's only going to come off a little at a time. i used to debadge cars with a heat gun where i worked.. just have to be patient.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2032
Damn those are some good ideas. I've always wanted to take off the "cutl" and the "olds" on my cutlass and have it say "azz mobile" Upload

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4437
I've seen petroleum products damage PPG paints, be careful. Try running rubbing alcohol down the back, then heat and use a teflon pancake spatula. Polo..

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2817
"""I've always wanted to take off the "cutl" and the "olds" on my cutlass and have it say "azz mobile"""

hahah please do

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6238
some emblems use little tabs that mount to holes in the frame so keep that in mind i dont know if yours does or not.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2511
Yeah. You might have to do it from the inside of the car. I did my truck and had to have the tailgate painted because it was faded. Defiantly looks A LOT better IMO on any car

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2039
Lol. I dont know if it would work with my car. I'm gonna check it out later.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us