O/T wireless router...

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1494
I need some heads up, and nobody really visits computer section too much, so I posted a thread here..... here's the link...

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/computers/478442.html

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 2020
I worked for Dlink for a few years to be honest with you they all work the same. I wouldn't spend more than 40-50 on a router. Unless you are going to use all its feture i wouldnt worry.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2505
Ive used a dlink, netgear and lincsys and the best by far IMO, is the one my girl has now. Its a dlink g router. Its leaps and bounds better than the linksys and gets better signal than the netgear and connects a little faster. Either the dlink or netgear would be good but I prefer the dlink...

Wheres brad, he would know

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1634
Right now, a Linksys would be the router to get. The reason I say that is because if you buy a linksys, you can flash "dd-wrt" firmware to it which basically makes the router on steroids, and also has some pretty cool features. Check it out, the WRT54G is $50 on newegg.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4431
I have 4 WRT 54GL's runnin on ddwrt software with SD's set up as webservers so my peeps can download music by pulling up to my house or as they wait for school out front, kinda cool. BTW wit the software you can adjust output power. Hey I posted in you other post check it....Polo.

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1168
damn, i hated linksys for constantly dropping signal and dying out. i run a net gear range max at like i think 3 or 600 mps ita the new black rangemaz, i forget but it hauls azz on what i've used before. i've prob tried every router out there and netgears high end models are nice but not really needed to get the job done. as was said though i loved my d link till the wireless started dropping signal. linksys i have nothing but bad to say about them but i guess it's just because my expierience with it.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4446
Ya, you need to know how to set them up, not to mention the above Linksys runs on custom firmware which can adjust the power output and trump just about everyone around you. A lot of people just don't really know how to properly setup a wireless router... Polo.

Gold Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1495
Thanks for the replies guys. So I'm a little confused on if my router is really dying or not. My router has 1 input, and 4 output, so I connected my modem cable into port 1 instead of the designated input and now my hardwire computer works fine, but my wireless comp will barely connect, with the signal constantly getting dropped and loading really slow. Now on my hardwired pc I sometimes get this message saying something about a conflict with another same IP on my network. Also, my Wii says "unable to connect to the internet because another device has been set up using the same IP address." My Wii and computer both still pick up my router tho, but my xbox wont conect (says DNS failed). I have an unsecured network, is someone messing with my connection, or is my router just dying?

^^^I hope all this makes sense lol.

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

LakeCharles LA., La

Post Number: 253
xp or vista?

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4353
I have linksys at my house. everyonce in a while the signal dies on my laptop but not often. i would recommend it but ive never used anything else

Gold Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1496
I have XP pro.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us