Help.Ho atlernator?

Username: Me123456

Post Number: 5
im getting 2 JL audio 13 w7 and 2 JL 1000/1 amps do i need a ho atlernator and what do they do?

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2456
I'd say that yes, you probably will. They can produce more current.

Username: Ebin5446

GA

Post Number: 5
the only thing on your car producing electricity is your alternator. you can get another battery or a cap or whatever but guess what thats just gonna put more strin on the alternator you have batteries etc. are just electrical storage devices they dont produce more current so if possible get a better alternator. what car are you putting this in?

Post Number: 6
im putting it in an 07 monte carlo

Post Number: 7
now if i was to get that alternator do i still need another battery to go with it?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5313
it would be ideal... You should look for IRAGGI, dbstarter, excessive amperage etc.

Considering your car is new, prices can be high.

Bronze Member
Username: Chaosofthemasses

Edwardsburg, Michigan Usa

Post Number: 18
a capacitor may help since it will use minimal strain on the alt since the amp wont be drawin constant power just whenever the cap draws it but if your puttin in a decent size system then the Alt would be more ideal but for peoplem with budgets the cap is a temp solution!

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7495
Capacitors are not a solution for not having an HO alternator. As stated by others the alternator is the only source of power.

So yes, you are going to need a HO alt and a good battery to run 2000w of amplifiers.

Bronze Member
Username: Ebin5446

GA

Post Number: 11
i was ignorant on this subject when i started installing my system and i was worried about my lights dimming so i went ahead and got a cap and guess what my light still dim i am on a really tight budget so i have to wait to get a ho alt but thats one of the things on my list of things i need get an ho alt it def is worth it

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 954
see if you cant sell that cap to a friend or something. i did the same thing, it didnt help my car at all. only bought it cuz the guys at BestBuy said it would solve my dimming problems. we are all noobs at one point. just learn from this and try to sell that cap to someone who doesnt know lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us