MB Quart DKF 168 any good?? (6x8'')

Username: Fritos2

Post Number: 1
just wondering if MB Quart DKF 168 are any good according to price of course ( $79 ) or if not anything bout that much that ud recommend

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 831
get/make an adapter that will let you install a 6.5" speaker. are these going in your front doors? would you be willing to buy a component set? do you have an amp to power them or are your going to run them off your headunit?

Post Number: 4
ya front doors, i have an amp but was gonna see if the headunit could power it alone first, id rather not get a component set

Silver Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 839
what amp do you have? how many watts are you working with? and why are so hesitant towards a component set? they sound better than a coaxil speaker

Post Number: 6
well i havent looked into component speaks but my cousin said i wouldnt wantm, i think he said they take to much power but idk, also i have a 70wx2 kenwood amp and my headunit i think is 40x4 or 45x4

Silver Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 846
your headunit wont product 40 or 45 watts RMS. PEAK watts means absolutely NOTHING. go by the RMS. at best you'll get 20. 70rms x 2 is a good amount of power that will sound better on a set of components. components are usually WAY better than coax. what kind of sound are you looking for? i.e. Bright, smooth, lots of midbass?

Post Number: 9
mainly just clear crisp not distorted mids and highs, im gettin a sub for lows so.

Silver Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 847
you will be happier with a component set. but i would save up a lil more than $80 with your budget: http://cgi.ebay.com/PHOENIX-GOLD-RSd-65cs-6-5-COMPONENT-SPEAKERS-RSd65cs_W0QQite mZ140227531408QQihZ004QQcategoryZ32819QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
these are a good comp set for your budget and power w/amp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us