Boca Raton, Florida

Post Number: 1612
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=293-636

Just Wow on that price.. saving about 200... YAy for parts express lol

Silver Member
Username: Exige

Cincinnati

Post Number: 285
Well it's about time! Now you got me all excited :-)

Anybody who wants one, PM me and I'll be happy to help you out.

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

Mach5Audio M...

Post Number: 2011
I wish I could afford one

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 3493
1500 dollars or one sub is ridiculous

the cisco kid

Gold Member

Mach5Audio M...

Post Number: 2013
yes it is

the twiztid kid

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 16282
That's about $300 more than my mortgage.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2641
Talk to Mike at Exige Audio, hes the man.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5565
you can do a payment plan! haha

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2451
Yeah. As low as $43/month...........for over 30 months...

Gold Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Boca Raton, Florida

Post Number: 1613
1500 dollars for one of the argubely best sub out there...Yea its one hella price but its worth it.. and Exige is the man to talk to Good guy...

The Kangology Kid

Silver Member

Cincinnati

Post Number: 288
thanks all!

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 5806
if you got the money spend it

the drivingreckless kid

Gold Member

Mach5Audio M...

Post Number: 2015
lol looks like i started a trend

the twiztid kid

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 2090
i agree ^^^^

the i got first place at the car show today with my 18" Havoc kid

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1299
Thats one of those things where "the best" is arguable. I've been told by people with experience that several drivers (mt, btl, 9500) will put up better #s in a direct swap out than the Ultra. Maybe SQ wise it'll have an edge, but is it worth it? I'm not putting it down at all, just saying that it's really hard to justify the price, even if it is an incredible sub.

Please please please don't turn this into an argument, I didn't mean it that way.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9430
"I've been told by people with experience that several drivers (mt, btl, 9500) will put up better #s in a direct swap out than the Ultra"

Is this using recommended power for each sub(5k to the LMS, 2k to the BTL, and so on)? Or using a consistent power number for each sub? This isn't an argument, I just want to know for reference.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1305
same/similar power for each, I believe very close to 5000rms (like 48-4900).

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9439
Cool. Thanks Troy.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16288
Think about how small a target customer base for a $1500 driver is.

You've knocked off 98% of this forum's members. Why even push it here?

Not bashing. Sub could be amazing. Still....

ONE THOUSAND AND FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS???

Silver Member

Cincinnati

Post Number: 291
@ Troy....I agree that there other subs that can put up the same numbers for SPL. But besides the SPL side, the Ultra is very focused on SQ. There's not many subs that have the capability of getting as loud and maintaining the sound quality an LMS Ultra has. The Audiopulse line as a whole is aimed at more than SPL...it's all meant to maintain great SQ as well.

As far as price goes, price is a completely subjective thing. What one person views as bargain, another might view as a ripoff. To us car audio guys, a sub this expensive definitely raises eyebrows. But some of the home theater guys will have no problem dropping retail price on this sub.

Personally if I was looking for the ultimate single sub setup, I'd definitely have my eye on this one. Unfortunately, I don't have that kind of cash to toss around. There are those who do though, and this sub is aimed at them.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16290
Again. The first line of my last post.

And I use a $300 18" sub in my HT application with great results.

It's just hard to imagine one that is 5 times better in performance/value.

Silver Member

Cincinnati

Post Number: 293
lol I hear you LOUD AND CLEAR.

and as always with high end stuff, price increases exponentially as performance slowly increase

Gold Member

Post Number: 1306
No problem yanks.

Gold Member

Boca Raton, Florida

Post Number: 1614
I agree wit you troy.. thats why i said argueabley.. But look at it this way the W7 13.5 expensive sub that can only do 1500 rms at most, yet people still cough up 1000 dollars for it.. Just not many of these people know about Audio Pulse.. Sadly.. Cause that would be a nice setup you know.. Why spend 1000 on a W7 when you can get a Axis for half that...

The LMS Ultra can get real low like no other sub, yea the price is expensive, but some companies have expensive prices itw what eva tho...

Its just liek buying a polo ralph lauren shirt is it really worth that price or gucci basically the name says it all, but in this the technology is worth the money.. and it is one sexy sub.. Dont need a gigantic box either

LOL this isnt an argument

Gold Member

Post Number: 1307
That's why I mentioned the sq part, from reviews I'd really like to hear one in person :-)

The thought of having 5000rms in the subwoofer of your personal home theater is rediculous for me, unless its like a venue or something.

As you said about the ultimate single sub setup, sure. But price/performance I simply couldn't justify it.

Not a whole lot of SQ at 150db+ anyway.

Gold Member

Boca Raton, Florida

Post Number: 1615
Also look at the Re Audio XXX the 18 runs for 2000

Gold Member

Post Number: 1308
^I've thought about either a 15 Q or 18 Q in my h/t setup with about 500rms, and I've heard the W7 was great for h/t, but I couldn't justify it either lol.

I almost bought an xxx right when us-amps bought re out, but when they told me 1200 for a 12 I changed my mind. Too rich for my blood

I completely understand the price is there for a reason though, and I agree about this not being an arguement.

Gold Member

Boca Raton, Florida

Post Number: 1617
Lol yea i hate when people start to argue

Yea it sucks when Us Amps Bought Re Out...

And also when TC brought prices up... the Asix isn't a bad price when bought from Exige lol... I've always wanton the JL audio Gotham HT setup but US Retail Price: $11,000.00 is way to expensive, when i get my new setup ima take my 15 Fi SSD and make it my HT setup

Gold Member

Post Number: 1310
I might do something similar. I was thinking of a fi Q 18, but I just don't think I'd ever really use it to it's potential- and scott recommended I go with 20 ft^3 at 20hz- thats a big box in your living room! A 12 or 15 with 500rms would probably be more than enough for my listening at home.

I had a guy at a h/t store tell me the only customer who ever bought the j/l setup you mentioned came back and bought a $2-3k Phase Linear setup instead? Sounded strange to me.

I have an oldschool sherwood (or something like that) setup that sounds awesome to me, but it's too big and ugly for the living room- the wife likes the silver harmon unit much better. I miss the graphic EQ :-(

My current towers are 2 6.5s, a 10" woofer, and tweeter for each. The sherwood are 2 12s, 2 4.5" mids, a tweeter and a ribbon tweeter each. Just sounds so much warmer and fuller than the newer prettier stuff. Much flatter response. I wouldn't need a sub with the old towers, these really need it.

Trying not to get too off topic... um... sure would like to pop one of those lms ultras in the living room.

Gold Member

Boca Raton, Florida

Post Number: 1618
Yea my HT setup is weird... two tower spekers with 1 12 in each 3 center speakers 2 5 in subs in each and 1inch tweeter in all then 5 surround sound speakers.. 1 18 jbl subwoofer to a 350 watt amp from parts express.. on a onkyo reciever very nice for movies not much music on it tho

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16305
"I might do something similar. I was thinking of a fi Q 18, but I just don't think I'd ever really use it to it's potential- and scott recommended I go with 20 ft^3 at 20hz- thats a big box in your living room! A 12 or 15 with 500rms would probably be more than enough for my listening at home."

My 18" Q is in a box just shy of 10cu's and it does fine on 1000w.

"20 ft^3 at 20hz- thats a big box in your living room! "

Why would anyone tune lower than the human threshold? You're right tho, 20 cu's is damn big.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2461
"Why would anyone tune lower than the human threshold? You're right tho, 20 cu's is damn big."

EARTHQUAKE!!!!!!!!! You can hear below 20Hz BTW. I have some Sony canal-phones that reproduce way below that audibly. You just need higher volumes to hear it. When all the air in your ear is oscillating and it's completely sealed in, you can hear it fairly well.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1314
Mainly for things like deep engines and sound effects in movies- many of those (in decent recordings) are <20hz. You may not hear them, but you can definitely feel them- like when a large truck goes by and shakes your house a little but you don't realy hear it that well. That's really the only reason for me- my h/t is mainly just for watching tv/movies/video games- music in my car.

I have a chance to buy a reconed 15" Fi SSD for 110-130, I think I might go with that.

Scott from Fi recommended the 20ft^3 @ 20hz for the 18 when I told him I would have it on a 500w plate amp. I'm going to ask his recommendations on the 15" SSD, and if it would be better reconed with copper coils for this purpose. I'm going to assume so, but I don't know.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1315
There was a street paver/steam roller redoing the road outside my house a few weeks ago. It kept setting off my alarm and shaking the whole house, but I swear when it started after coming to a complete stop the deep rumble of the engine was <20hz.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16316
I hear ya all.

When Jurassic park is on and the volume up a tad, I can hear the glasses rattle on my bar before I actually "hear" the sound from the movie. It's astounding!

I stand corrected.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us