How do i no if my subs r done the break-in period

Username: Spads8

Post Number: 3
i just got my subs about 4 days ago how can i tell if they r broken in and ready to hit hard

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

All he does is catch t..., Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 14186
That is a big question that alot of guys ask, personally I dont do a "break in time" with my new stuff..I have heard of guys letting them run free air at a very low wattage for a few hours...If they are good subs though u can be the sh!t out of them straight out of the box..They will loosen up overtime... what type of subs are they..

Username: Spads8

Post Number: 4
2 TMA T12S4P

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1296
You really don't need to do break in. The suspension will losen up on it's own naturally, just play it like normal. It can take days, weeks, or months to fully break in a sub, but that doesn't mean you need to treat it differently.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4335
i just play them straight out of the box to tempting lol. I havent had a problem yet. The sub does get louder as time goes on i am definetly noticing this with my mag it gets louder and louder everyday.

Silver Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Township, MI United States

Post Number: 278
just dont turn the gain and or bass boost up higher than it should be. You dont want to make the subs clip.

Bronze Member
Username: Howtoeatapencil

Post Number: 61
What dooes it really mean when u "break in" your sub?

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 16285
Suspension and spider will loosen over use, giving better response over time.

Kinda like a mattress.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2014
When I first got my SD2.5's they were stiff as hell. A year later and they have loosened up for sure since when I first got them.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1303
You loosen up the suspension. That's basically it. You can lose or gain db from in, but it will have a slightly smoother sound most times.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us