Question

Username: Jadawgis732

Post Number: 1
do you guys like http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9899_Rockford+Fosgate+P1L-212.html for 199+55 S+H, or http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_10146_Rockford+Fosgate+P2L-212.html for 270 + 67 S+H. i have a pioneer 760x1 amp. not sure if 4 or 2 ohms, i can check. if not either of these where should i buy from (trying to spend <350 for 2 12s that will sound good and loud in the trunk of my wrx. i currently have 3 10s from audiobahn. they sound awful and ill be replacing them. (could be that i used 8 gauge wire)

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 3898
Give us the model number of your amp and we'll see what kind of power it puts out. From there we can help you out. IMO, I wouldn't spend my money on either of those setups.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6018
x2^ also, it's not the 8 gauge wire you have now that make those audiobahn subs sound awful, it's the fact audiobahn subs sound like shi_t no matter what.

Post Number: 2
http://www.zalmar.com/detail-CarElectronics-Car_Audio-GM_5200T.htm
i currently have it bridged

electable 50Hz Bass Boost
Bass boost gives you more control over how your music sounds. It lets you set the optimal bass level for each speaker/sub connected to the GM-5200T, so the tone controls from your headunit can do what they do best. And because this is selectable bass boost, you can set the level at 0dB, 6dB, or 12dB, whichever sounds best to you.

Built-In Crossover (80Hz Low-Pass Filter)
Built into the GM-5200T is a very smart crossover network. It works like a gateway, routing the big bass signals (80Hz or lower, at -12dB/octave) to the speaker that handles them best, filtering out higher-frequency signals to that speaker. This optimizes your system's efficiency and delivers the best possible sound quality.

Speaker Level Inputs
What, you DON'T own a Pioneer headunit? Well, we won't hold it against you. In fact we'll even help you build onto your system. The GM-5200T's speaker level inputs allow you to connect your OEM unit (or any unit that doesn't have the typical RCA-type inputs) without having to buy add-on adapters. SO, the install goes faster, you save money, and you've got a Pioneer amp in your vehicle.

Features:

* Bridgeable: Yes
* Channel # Capability: 1/2
* PWM Regulated MOSFET Power Supply: Yes
* Screw-Type Speaker Terminals: Yes
* Balanced Isolator Input Circuit: Yes
* RCA Inputs: 2 Channel
* Speaker Level Input: 2 Channel
* Input Level Control: Hi-Volt (400mV ~ 6.5v)
* Built-in Crossover: Selectable LPF
* Crossover Frequency Range: 80Hz, -12dB/Oct.
* Bass Level Control: 50Hz, 0/6/9/12dB
* Warranty: 1 Year

CEA 2006 Specifications:

* Output Power (4 Ohm, <=1% THD): 125 Watts x 2
* Output Power (4 Ohm Bridged, <=1% THD): 380 Watts x 1
* Output Power (2 Ohm, <=1% THD): 190 Watts x 2
* Signal to Noise (1 Watt into 4 Ohms): 75 dBA
* Dynamic Power (4 Ohm): 130W

Specifications:

* Peak Music Power: 760 Watts
* Number of Channels: 2
* Load Impedance Capability: 2~8 Ohm (Stereo), 4~8 Ohm (Bridged)
* Continuous Power (4 ohm): 125W x 2
* Continuous Power (2 ohm): 190W x 2
* Continuous Power Bridged (4 ohm): 380W x 1
* Frequency Response: 10Hz ~ 50kHz
* Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.015%
* Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >95dB
* Dimensions: 11-13/16" x 2-3/8" x 13-1/4"

Post Number: 3
listened to a sealed 2 12" mtx jackhammer system which sounded the best of best buys selection. they had alot of kicker stuff and some sony asplodes but the jackhammer was far and away the best

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6019
so you have 380wrms, probably a little less. honestly i'd get a new amp to, but if not then i'd say a single sub setup.

Post Number: 4
circuit city i mean... http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=192803&WT.mc_n=92&WT.mc_t=U& cm_ven=COMPARISON%20SHOPPING&cm_cat=NEXTAG&cm_pla=DATAFEED-%3EPRODUCTS&cm_ite=1% 20PRODUCT&cm_keycode=92

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6020
crap^.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 3904
agreed, crap indeed and very well not worth the money.

Post Number: 5
really? well can u please just point me in the direction of a good 2 12" setup for like $400 or so

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2494
did anyone read the reviews for the jackhammers?

"...i cant even put the volume half way up because the amp will go off but you dont need to put volume up cause you can hear me a mile away"
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us