I love customers like this :-)

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 6331
So, earlier to day a guy came in looking for a some nice bass. I showed him the DD1512's in a common style of box I build and he liked em. Got him a price on the 2 12's, an autotek ss1500, 4ga kit, the box and install. He liked the price (I did him a hell of a deal...the ss1500.1 was only $299), but wanted to hear em again.

I ran them for him again and he said, "What about something alil louder?". I talked w/ him just alil more and get him a price on 2 DD2515's, M2, 1/0ga kit, 8cuft box, and install. I went out an measure his Suburban.

This time, I got him a HELL OF A DEAL! (We have been wanting to get a nice set of DD sub/amps out on the streets...and this guy fit the bill)

He said, "Sure I'll be back w/ some $ to put on it." Right then I thought, he'll never be back :-(. But sure enough ~2hrs later he was back w/ 80% of the $ he needed for the whole setup. Paid for the subs/amp and part of the box/install.

Customers like that are good :-)
You would not believe how many people I have given good prices on DD here in this town and they walked. At least now there will be a nice DD largish setup here in Monroe other than mine and Cory's trucks. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2009
Sweet deal. So what did the final bill come out to if you don't mind telling us?

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 2000
wow that's really good. His going to be happy with that setup. I know people will as 1000 question and not end up buying anyhhing.

Bronze Member
Username: 4realadeala

Tampa, Florida

Post Number: 16
I am glad that someone finally came through. But you can't be too upset, people are scared of things that they don't understand. If you think about it, most people have never even heard of Digital. So for just some rookie to go into a sound shop and be offered these things that he isn't sure of, he is probably thinking to himself wtf. I bet if you offered some Audiobahn crap at the same price more people would jump on it. With that said, only people with high incomes or still living at home could even afford nice setups like DD. The first system I ever bought was two Earthquake Magma 12s, Two Fosgate chrome amps (cant remember what they were) and I wnet to a local sound shop to have them installed. My heart was broken when the guy started telling me about the price of the box, wire install, a new battery I would need, the power cap I would definetly have to have. I know now that some of thet stuff was his way of ripping me, but you live and you learn. Back then I was still living at home and the money was not a problem, but had I just walked in there and he offered me the stuff the price would have scared the crap out of me. So when people come in and ask about stuff, even though you are really cutting them a deal, odds are their ignorance in car audio will cause them to be afraid. Hell where I live the only brand people use is Kicker, Fosgate, and occasionally Audiobahn. I don't know how much time you spend with most people but I bet if you could get them interested they would look past the price, hell you said that you have some, play the biyatches for them and truly capture their attention.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1295
A system is like anything else you buy, people will determine if spending hundreds more on good equipment will make much of a difference to them- and to most people it wont. Most people would rather have brand recognition than actual output, since it will hurt their ears cranked up anyway.

There's only one shop I'll buy from around here, and the guy gives me some awesome deals.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20560
customers like that just makes your day.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3897
I like how you kicked it up a few notches all around in the "something alil louder" system. The 2500's SQ is damn good as far as DD goes and they will pound on the M2.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 16262
Canaan, I see you owning and running your own shop/store in your future.

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 862
i wish i could be working at a shop i would love it your lucky canaan
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us