Smoke Coming From Amp

Username: Erik_hd315

Post Number: 1
I have a massive audio p1500.1 running to an audioque hd315 at 1 ohm. I am running 4 gauge wire and have a brand new battery. I have had it for almost a year and have had no problem. Today while driving and Listening to my system like usual i smelt something like electrical smoke. I didn't notice anything at first because the sub had no difference in sound and the amp was still running fine. I only realized there was something wrong form the smell, then i noticed some smoke coming from the amp. Anyone have any idea what is wrong with the amp? I thought i might have fried it but wouldn't the amp not work properly?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 7974
Please disconnect the amplifier and reduce the risk of a potential fire. Make sure to go over all the wiring that you have. Lastly, make sure you're running the amp at proper ohm loads and you have the gain properly set for the signal you're running. It could just be a crappy amplifier.

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Lagrange, GA USA

Post Number: 1823
I suggest, go ahead and use that 2 year warranty. Something will go very soon in that amp. I no longr cary Massive for the fact the amps are unpredictable and fry out of nowhere.

Kevin

PS: Not too mention the 12 waranty claims I had in a month.

Post Number: 2
It says on the site that the 2 year warranty only is valid if you have the amp installed by a masive audio retailer. I ordered mine over the internet so how does the warranty work for me?

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Lagrange, GA USA

Post Number: 1824
Where from the internet? My customer gets warranty either way. But if you got it off ebay, you are screwed.

Kevin

Post Number: 3
I got it from www.hifisoundconnection.com almost a year ago. Also i don't think i kept the bill or anything.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us