What's Wrong Please Help

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2802
Alright so i have no idea what's up. i thought my remote wire was bad, so i redid it from the HU to a relay, relay to the amps, so thats fine (i tried hooking up a constant 12v to the amps, but they stil refused to power up)

bc of this i was thinkin it was a power supply/ground problem. if it is idk what's up. my ANL fuse is fine and the 2 40A fuses in my C2 are fine (M1 doesn't have external fuses). the connection on my battery is fine, batts only a year old or so, no corrosion. all my distros are securely mounted and power/ground connections are 100%

idk wtf to do from here. CC and BB won't help bc (not being cocky or anything at all) i know way more than they do about installing, they're just kids my age. and the car audio shop by my house, the one dude i know who actually knew his sh!t took off to his own shop an hour away.

ANY IDEAS?!

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 863
power and ground mixed up on amp?

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2804
no, it's been hooked up for 3 months with absolutely no problems, and all of the sudden, it just stopped working.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9053
make a new run and hook up the amps temporarily to see if they power up...if they do you know its a wiring issue if they dont you know your remote hook up fried

Silver Member
Username: Moey_g

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 204
Have u tried the amp in another car? Or another amp in your car?

Just a few suggestions.

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 864
checked the RCA's are they connected??? and maybe the internal amp of the HU is fried. try a different radio.

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 865
oppps sorry didnt read your full post just glanced lol.. your relys good right?? and is it the right type of rely could you take a pic of how you have it wired up maybe the ground on its bad or maybe the relys bad

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 742
some wiring is either incorrect or the amps failed. Most likely chose new ground spots, even tho it was okay. If the amps dont power up its either REM Power or Ground failing.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2452
I'd stick a multimeter on your +/- terminals and double check.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2812
nvr mind i got it all figured out.

thanks for the inputs

it ended up being my remote wire. the relay i bought was packaged goofy and i had it hooked up wrong initially
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us