Bass give out after time period please help

Username: Opticalshadow

Fort myers, Fl Us

Post Number: 1
hello, i recently installed a new system in my car and after having to rewire the whole vehicle becouse of nasty factory ground wireing nothing worked. i finaly got my front speakers to work however my sub's have been giving me the most anoying problem. it seems that after around 30 minutes or less my subs will just not hit for a few seconds then return to working for a few seconds and repeat, the amp stays on, and the bass up front is working, it seems that when this starts if i lower the bass settings down on the head unit or switch to a song with lesser bass it will remain working for a short while longer then i have to lower bass again. is this my head unit saying buh bye or is soemthign wrong with my sub's or bass. my head unit is a jvc kd-s32 my amp is a mono sony xploid 1200 watt and my subs'(i know i know they dont match but the second one was free) a kenwood 12 inc kfc-w3011 and an audio bahn both of which worked fine in my old car.

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1476
your system is cutting out because your gain is probably set to high. also mixing 2 diff subs FTL.....

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20492
"also never mix and match subs FTL....."

so you are saying not mix and matching sub is no good? lol givin you a hard time buddy. lol.

anyways, yeah like stateprop said, check your gain. it might be set too high.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4318
or bass boost is all the way up and your driving the amp to into protection because its getting to hot to quick

Fort myers, Fl Us

Post Number: 2
so turn down the bass boost on the amp or the amp level, i dont have much exsperince with car audio its fairly diffrent then home. myu amp has threey controls amp level bass boost and low pass filter frequnency

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 815
turn the bass boost all the way down. put your low pass filter to ~80hz

Fort myers, Fl Us

Post Number: 3
alrigth ill try that thanks.

Fort myers, Fl Us

Post Number: 4
i tried turniong down the boost but it still goes out, but it does get fairly warm so im sure it is the heat thing, any ideas on how i might fix this problem, are their heat sinks inside the amp i can apply thermal paste to? or soemthing.

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 846
here ya go bud http://autogossip.blogspot.com/2008/04/car-audio-level-setting-for-beginners.htm l
and as far as bass boost dont have it set more than 1/4 imo

Silver Member
Username: Purplehase_bong

BC Canada

Post Number: 255
I got an idea, GET A NEW AMP or better yet get a whole new setup.

Silver Member

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 847
you could be more suttle but yes there are better systems for the money but we all have to start sumwhere i started with audiobahn they arent as bad as people make them sound. try resetting the gain and bass boost like its says in the link. you may be running wire that is too small what gauge wire do you have at that wattage youd need at least 4g

Fort myers, Fl Us

Post Number: 5
ok i de-bridged my amp, aperntly my brother didnt exactly rember about ohms and this amp cant push lowr ohms that well and it heats up to quickly so running the subs on differ channels seems to work, although not as strong. thanks for the imput guys.

Silver Member

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 860
glad you got it taken care of
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us