Type - R Oddity?

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1139
ok i posted about a smell the other day and now the smell smelled for the first few mins from my port then after running it while i was out today and got home the smeel got less and less and the woofer sounded fine, even felt loose when i pushed on it. am i missing something here? i had the woofer almost a month never really leaned on it like turning it up on a heavy bass song but ran it kinda hard here and there so i ran it hard for about 2 min on eminems "go to sleep" insttumental version. is this normal? to give a smell and burn off something then clear it's self? i heard of this in high end woofers but a type - r? and after almost a month of use? it just seems really odd out of nowhere i get that problem btw it smelled like horse manore but cleared after a little more run time and the sub sounds great acctualy and theres no scratching on the coil when cone is pushed. any help is appericiated

Silver Member
Username: Kingtutus

Lincoln, Nebraska U.s.a

Post Number: 252
sounds like it was just breaking the sub in and the smell was just the glue melting

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5507
yeah man it was more than likely just the glue. you're good to go now, i would stop worrying about it! :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us