Alpine MRP-M650 Question!

Username: Subst4nce

Post Number: 1
Hi guys, I've been going around to random car audio places and asking guys questions about this amp... but nobody seems to know anything... I was looking to get this amplifier for my Alpine Type R 12" because the amplifier i have now is only pushing 250 watts.... My question is, if I use this amplifier, would it be possible to upgrade to a higher end subwoofer in the future? I was thinking of maybe 1 12" type X or a JL W6v2... Would it even be worth it? I'm looking for a boost in the quality of the bass, not necessarily the power. Any ideas/opinions/recommendations??

thanks in advance.

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1137
it's a solid amp and sure u can upgrade in the future as long as the ohm load matches the amp but here the downside, if your buying retail u could get wayyyy better. i chack out the sundown audio line and look in the 800 rms bracket that way you got some more options when you upgrade. i'm flashing my - r with 1000 rms and i had no problems for a while but now who knows i might be getting soem trouble or could be breaking it in. idk ether way i'd look into sundowns series and talk to kevin holden he should be able to set you up nicely.

Post Number: 2
I mean, like I said, I'm not looking for that much of a power boost, I'm just looking for an upgrade in sound quality. Right now I'm just making sure that amp can somewhat handle those subs. Thanks for your very quick response by the way!

Post Number: 3
Also, I have another question.... I'm most likely leaning towards getting the 12W6v2 eventually... Why is the RMS so low of a wattage? I've noticed that all JL products have low wattage compared to other brands... is 400 watts of RMS accurate? because according to the numbers, the m650 should be perfect for it...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us