WinISD

Silver Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Township, MI United States

Post Number: 263
Hey guys,

How accurate is that winISD program... If any of you even use it. I think the point of it is to find the optimum tuning frequency for your box and subs and what the SPL of that will be.

Anyway, I put in all of the information for my subs and box and whatever, but for the plot section(where it says SPL it says to enter power and distance. I am not sure what to enter for those places. I just threw in 20ft at 1200W just as a guess and when i finally finished entering all of that in i checked the SPL part and it said that It peaked at 107.72dB @40.31Hz.(the SPL seemed low, but the Hz seemed good).

I put in 2 alpine type-r 12s and a 4 cube box 33x14x25.75. (tuned to 35hz)

Does the SPL seem low to anyone? I went to a comp the other day[without my car :-( ] and when i listened to cars that were being metered i kind of expected to be around 130dBs from what I heard.

Can anyone give me some insight?

Thanks,
Kevin

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Mid town, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 864
i myself have never used the program but i figure distance would be something like 5ft. since that is about how far a normal person would sit from the subs in a car...and 20ft would be outside of the car....

Silver Member

Post Number: 265
okay at 5ft I am getting 119.78dB @39.63Hz. How does that sound to everyone? Still seems just a tad low(perhaps just wishfull thinking).

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2433
I think it will be WAY off. If I remember correctly, WinISD doesn't even take cabin gain into account.

Silver Member

Post Number: 266
Cam, do you think it will be off as in lower than it would be in real life or what?

Does anyone know of a more accurate downloadable program for checking this?

Silver Member

Post Number: 267
Bump Bump Bump it up

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2436
It will probably be louder in real life. I doubt anything will get exact. Especially none of the free or cheap ones.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us