What's wrong?

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2793
idk what's up, for a week or so, it seemed like for some reason the highs on my system would cut out for like a split second, almost as if the cd was skipping. i don't really like blast it really loud ever and when i installed it, i figured i was done for a while, so i made all the connections so good.

so the other day all of the sudden, i get in to go to school and nothing. no highs, no bass, my amps/eq won't turn on. the screen works great and the cd's play (time progresses on cd's, etc) but idk what it was. i was surprised bc i always make sure to make good connections.

so my first inkling was the power wire. so i checked the connections at the amps/ eq and they were fine. so i took out my HU and checked back there. remote wire was so solid. all other connections 100%. so from there i checked every single other connection in my car. grounds/power/power at battery/the ANL fuse, the fuses on my amp (the sub amp doesn't have 'external' checkable fuses, idk why) my grounds are all 100% and every thing is perfect

sooo...idk wtf i'm supposed to do, i think tomorrow im gonna put a dmm on all my wires and see what voltage is goin to em. with the car on, what should the dmm read on the remote/power/etc

btw, cd's, radio, and ipod doesn't work through the HU.

if anyone has any idea or any insight on what i mighta skipped checking, please tell me, bc i thought i checked everything but 2 heads .. or 20 ... are better than 1

hit me up caldapal08 on AIM

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5488
damn man. it looks like to checked stuff pretty thoroughly. i hope you get it figured out.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20462
connect the ipod to the amp and see if it comes on. if it does then it seems like something is wrong with the hu.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6225
yup try what chad said first just run the ipod to each amp on low volume to see if sound comes threw to see where the problem is.

the remote wire should say 12v same with the power. make sure your rca cables are connected well and that no wires are getting pinched off. it sounds like a fuse might have blown somewhere.

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1129
heres a odd one, u just said cds played and all, so i assume u meand the hu has no sound, i got 3 ideas,one ur batteries pos terminal has just enough oxidization to kill the connection or you some how blew the radios internal amp, what makes me say no to that is your amps are off, ether way i say remove ur grounds and power , clean them up and re connect then see if you get power, to chad and others if the amps are off how would sound come out? also if rems werent getting 12 volts thats another reason. in short meter everything and check for oxidization.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2794
yea, i've had to utilize the ipod trick before, but the amps won't even turn on, car on or off.

and i don't have any speakers connected to directly to the HU, my whole system is run on external amps.

yea, like it sounds like a fuse or a bad remote wire, but i have NOOOO idea what it could be. i'm pissed, driving around with no music or anything is enough to drive ya crazy.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6228
something with the remote wire. it might have a fuse comming out of the HU check it then check where the wire goes to the amps with the HU on and see if there is voltage.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1618
Run a jumper wire from the 12v terminal on the amp to the remote terminal. If the amp comes on then, it is defiantly something wrong with your remote wire.

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 858
i would do the jumper and what kind of radio do you have also with multiple amps i would use a relay off the remote wire to ensure you protect the radio and the amps get there voltage

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2795
I have a Panasonic Flipout like the CQv7003 or something with a DD M1 and a C2 with an AC EQ, but no i don't have a relay, i was going to but got lazy, but i've had it at all setup for like 3 months with absolutely no problems, but i figure its gotta be a fuse or the remote. ill put a dmm on the remotes today

thanks for the input and help fellas
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us