Amplifier Switch-based Powering

Bronze Member
Username: Darkvirus

Mt. vernon, AR United States

Post Number: 25
I'm trying to run the remote wire to a switch so that I can have the amplifier turn on at the push of a button, rather than the turning on at the instant the HU turns on. The switch has a +, -, and ACC.

I've tried different combinations and have managed to smoke my wire and charr everything between the switch and amplifier (even my hand).

My question is if its possible to wire an amplifier through a switch without smoking it, the wires, and the car, how do you do it?

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1460
You can run the + from the remote wire on your HU to the + on the switch, the - can be ground to almost anything metal in your car, and then the acc. would go to your amp. Then this way there would be no chance in your amp ever staying on when your HU is shut off, while still being able to control it when listining to music.

I hope you did not ruin your switch or your remote on your amp. If it won't work the way I told you, touch a short piece of wire from the power input on the amp to the remote and if it doesn't turn on then your amp is shot.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us