What's better?

Username: Ballercec

Clinton, NC USA

Post Number: 9
I'm thinking about getting either one RE audio SE12D4 12 in a ported box with a pretty nice amp or two RE audio SE12D4 12s in a ported box with a decent but less expensive amp. I don't know which would hit harder and sound better..one 12 with a good amp or 2 12 with a lesser amp b/c i dont have the money for 2 12s and a nice amp..the reason i was gonna do 2 12s is because i knew i could upgrade the amp for 2 12s later since they can handle more..any opinions or help are much appreciated.
Chris

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 785
what amps are you talking about? why not just save up more and get 2 12's with a good amp?

Bronze Member
Username: Turdy

Post Number: 22
if you go with the 2 12s and lesser amp i would use a 4 channel amp with each vc wired to a channel. that way when you upgrade amps you can use the first amp for your highs.

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 787
^^^DONT DO THAT!!!

just wait til you can get the right equipment.

Bronze Member

Clinton, NC USA

Post Number: 11
but what if i went with the two 12s and got an amp that would do ok for them now and then upgraded later..i could probably sell the old one so i wouldn't lose all the money i put into the cheap amp. i just fig if i get the 2 12s it would give me more room to upgrade than if i got the single 12?

Bronze Member

Clinton, NC USA

Post Number: 12
i just figured i would have more flexibility getting the two 12s and ported box than 1 12 and ported box because if i go with only 1 12 and a nice amp then get another 12 later then i'd have to get a new box as well.

Silver Member
Username: Pbplayer05

Carroll, Iowa

Post Number: 606
how much do you have for the amp if you get the 2 12's

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1288
Can you say the specific two amps you are comparing?

Personally I would get one 12 in a nice box with a nice amp, then when you're ready get the 2nd 12 and amp and make a good box for them. You may have to buy/build a new box, but you will have a good setup the entire time, and the box most likely wont cost you much more than you'd lose in depreciation when you go to sell the cheaper amp.

Bronze Member

Clinton, NC USA

Post Number: 13
ok thanks..any specific amps you'd reccomend for these subs..ones for a single 12 and then one for 2 12s..i was thinking about getting a 1500w crunch amp but someone mentioned it wasn't very good quality..any suggestions would be great

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1289
600rms each...

I think they'd be fine on a kicker 1500.1 (about $400 off ebay). A 'cheaper' amp would be the hifonics 1606d, which would be about 260 shipped off ebay, or the hifonics 1206d which is about 200. Any one of them would work ok, but there's a reason for the price difference.

If you buy an amp per sub the kicker 750.1 is a decent amp, and you could buy a refurb for 150 shipped:
http://cgi.ebay.com/2006-ZX750-1-Amp-Mono-Class-D-Kicker-Amplifier-KX-750_W0QQit emZ370042704850QQihZ024QQcategoryZ64570QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9021
buy from here its Rob a veteran member who you can trust...hes selling kicker 1200.1's for 180.00 plus shipping

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/for-sale/473687.html

Bronze Member

Clinton, NC USA

Post Number: 15
do you think the kicker will show the 2 12s to their full power or will it still be shorted somewhat? i just want to make sure i get out of these subs what they're supposed to give since i'm spending the money.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9023
they will run excellent on that kicker 1200.1

Bronze Member

Clinton, NC USA

Post Number: 25
the kickers sold. found out too late thanks though

Gold Member

Post Number: 9029