Ohms and Watts

Bronze Member
Username: Silvermopar

Nebraska

Post Number: 71
If you wire a pair of 2ohm speakers in a series to get 4ohms, and you wire this to your 500watt amp, does each speaker get 500watts?

Silver Member
Username: Prozack52

Cincinnati, 2-D615D4 Dia...

Post Number: 281
no

Silver Member

Post Number: 282
first off 4 ohms is more resistance than 2 ohms and second its only a 500 watt amp unless it is mega i mean mega undratted

Bronze Member

Nebraska

Post Number: 73
the amp is 2000 watts 4ch i wanted to add some speakers since i only use 2 of the 4 chs. But i have some 6x9s that say they can handle 400 watts a piece

Username: Peakohm

Post Number: 10
Depends on what the amp will do when you bridge two of the channels. I wouldn't dare put 400 watts to a 6X9 a piece, what brand and model are they?

Silver Member

Post Number: 283
ok you said it was a 500 watt amp ok its 2000 watts so yes possibly

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 784
list your equipment..it will be easier to get you an answer if we know everything your trying to do.

Bronze Member

Nebraska

Post Number: 75
The amp is 2000watts 4 chanels 4ohms, Made by Power Acoustics, Not a great brand but well worth $70. I run 2 of the chanels to a pair of Kicker CVR12"s they are 800watts peak and 2 ohms in a ported box. I just realized the amp is 4ohms, Hope thats not bad for anything. (it has been working for about 6 months) Just today I built the Ported box.
HUGE IMPROVEMENT!
Oh yes, the Pyramid 3 way 6x9s are rated 400watts i think that is peak, and they are 4 ohms.

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1106
pramid? pyramid? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHA, sorry, next peak? thats NOT what you should go by, only rms, 2ndly the 2 and 4 ohm load means your subs are getting ether more or less power depending on the amp but that all depends on what the amp can run at if it's rated at say 4 ohm per channel its not healthy but shouldn't do any harm ether.

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1108
lastly ur running the amp as a mono atm running it as a stereo prob not a good idea with the woofers running on it already.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us