Question about Trunk Rattle

Username: Youngk

Post Number: 4
When I start to play my music loud my trunk rattles like crazy..so I'm just wondering if I am losing some bass because of the rattle? Also if I'm standing outside the car I don't feel any bass...but if I'm in the car or building close by would I feel some bass? If so why is that? Thanks for your help.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9343
Buy some sort of sound deadener for your trunk and that would fix the trunk rattle.

"Also if I'm standing outside the car I don't feel any bass...but if I'm in the car or building close by would I feel some bass?"

This has me confused. First, who cares if you can't feel any bass outside of the car if you listen to it when your inside the car. Second, you will feel the bass if your inside your car. Third, why do you care if you can/can't feel the bass from your car when your in a building?

Bronze Member
Username: Waresgaragestereo

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 96
yanks fan,
i've always heard that if you spray the underside of the trunk lid with truck bed liner spray that it will stop the rattleing.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.1DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 13597
deaden ur car with http://www.secondskinaudio.com/products/Sound-Deadening-Materials.php

Gold Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Boca Raton, Florida

Post Number: 1561
Yea get liek soem E dead or Peal and seal.. And i agree wit Yanks who cares it for inside car not out.. I lvoe mine i got it to where trunk barely rattles and it is kinda stealth u walk up to car and u start to feel it open door and there it is lol

Bronze Member
Username: Waresgaragestereo

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 97
" And i agree wit Yanks who cares it for inside car not out" x2

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1611
In allot of cars, sound deadener does not always fix the rattles. Along with deadening the trunk lid, use weather foam to separate the seals that vibrate together. Also if your license plate rattles, put something soft behind it and tighten it up. There are many things you can do to fix all of the rattles of the trunk, it takes more than just slapping some sound deadener on it.

"Also if I'm standing outside the car I don't feel any bass...but if I'm in the car or building close by would I feel some bass? If so why is that?"

I think he was asking why does bass do that? Lower Bass is simply non directional. It is difficult for our ears to pin-point the direction in which your bass is coming from.

"Third, why do you care if you can/can't feel the bass from your car when your in a building?"

Yanks, some people just like to show off their stuff lol. I like to play it loud sometimes when I am around my friends.

Username: Youngk

Post Number: 6
Thanks all for the replys. Basically I'm wondering this...I was at the car wash today and this guy pulled up in the lot next to me and was bumping pretty hard. So naturally I went over and asked what he had...2 12' pioneer 750max 300rms each(sealed box facing the inside of car), amp was JBL I think 750max. Looked old and cheap..but I could feel the bass from my side of the lot. Now if I turned my system(1 kicker 750amp, 12' l7 in ported box) up you might be able to hear a little something but not quite like that.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1285
Try building a better box, or facing it towards the inside of the car and sealing it off from the trunk- that'll solve some of your rattle problems too.

If it's done right there's no reason you couldn't hear you coming from a block or two- if that's what you're really worried about.

Personally I hate it when people are cleaning their car with their music bumping to where I have to listen to it across the lot. When someone does that and irritates me I'll drown them out.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9349
"Yanks, some people just like to show off their stuff lol. I like to play it loud sometimes when I am around my friends."

Thats why you make them sit in the car

Username: 4realadeala

Tampa, Florida

Post Number: 5
I have a question though, can there be a variation in sound produced outside the vehicle depending on the car or truck itself? What I mean is if you put a system in say a Honda would the same system sound different in a F150?

I ask this question because I know what mine sounds like inside and outside. Not that mine is the baddest mug out there but a guy with a garbage system was louder than mine outside of the car but inside it sucked to mine in comparison.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5462
A LOT depends on the acoustics of the car. the honda crx is a notorious SPL monster because of the acoustics of the car (hatch, small cabin). you have to keep moving things around and trying different designs to see what is going to work best with your install.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us