The Best 6x9

Bronze Member
Username: Silvermopar

Nebraska

Post Number: 61
I know that 6x9s dont belong here but i posted in "speakers" and didnt get any answers.
anyhow Id like to know what the best 6x9s are. somewhere around 200watts or less per speaker. I really like kickers but dont know which ones are good and bad
thanks

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20393
where is this going to be mounted? i ask casue some cars have 6 x 9 holes in the front doors. if its for the rear deck then you don't need real good ones.

anyways here are some lists of companies i like when it comes to 6 x 9s.

jl audio
mmats
alpine
rockford fosgate
pioneer

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1609
"i ask casue some cars have 6 x 9 holes in the front doors. if its for the rear deck then you don't need real good ones."

Chad I guess I have to disagree with you here lol. I cannot stand the way it sounds with horrible 6x9s in the back. It sounds best when you can hear them along with your front stage (i guess this is my opinion lol)

Anywho, I run jl audio TR 6x9s and I love them :D

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9008
ive been running my cars speakers on all front fade to get used to it...at first i didnt think I could get used to it but now im thinking I might...you might want to go all front stage running components zac and see how you like it

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20394
nick let me rephrase that. i meant to say real powerful one. lol. he is asking for 200wrms 6x9s and i am trying to say that he don't need it to be that loud back there.

Bronze Member

Nebraska

Post Number: 62
ok this is an 84 poniac, idk whats in the dash like some 4" or something ill get to them later. there are no holes in the doors. the 6x9 holes are just behind the front seats. But i was thinking of going with Kicker speakers and amps all the way but if this is a bad idea let me know

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.1DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 13589
IMO best 6x9s are NO 6x9s !

front stage FTW ! - if u never tried it u wont know but a good front stage with NO rear speakers sound waaaaaaay so much fuller & natural ...

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1610
"nick let me rephrase that. i meant to say real powerful one. lol. he is asking for 200wrms 6x9s and i am trying to say that he don't need it to be that loud back there."

Ok Chad :D lol

"if u never tried it u wont know but a good front stage with NO rear speakers sound waaaaaaay so much fuller & natural ..."

I've tried it and did not like it. I guess it is best to try both. Everyone has different tastes.

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20395
rovin, your sub is in the same cabin as you. when you have a trunk car like myself, it kinda feels like something is missing a bit. i should be getting my dls 6 x 9 in a few days. i am just going to run that off the hu first to see how it sounds. if i need to amp it then i will.

Username: Peakohm

Post Number: 7
"anyways here are some lists of companies i like when it comes to 6 x 9s.

jl audio
mmats
alpine
rockford fosgate
pioneer"

don't forget infinity! their upper line 6X9s are amazing.

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 782
i wouldnt put infinity in the same list as JL, Alpine, RF, and Mmats lol

Post Number: 9
"i wouldnt put infinity in the same list as
JL, Alpine, RF, and Mmats lol"

never heard mmats BUT the kappa perfect series to me sound better than alpine, rf, and pioneer and are about equal with JL. that's just from what i've heard.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.1DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 13591
i agree there is no rule or law reguarding use of rear speakers - some ppl started with rear speakers so they get accustomed to it being there ...

i suggest using rear speakers which need less power than front to not to ruin the front stage ...so if u have 100wrms in front get some 50wrms for rear ...thats my personal take

i started off with rear speakers but after a while ddint like it so i left them their powered off only deck power faded giving them about 1\3 power ...thats how i like mine.........

Bronze Member

Nebraska

Post Number: 64
Ok then I think I will avoid the Kickers. In this car, I dont really want to mess with the front speakers much. Besides the 6x9 holes are directly behind the front seats. (less than 1 foot from your ears) I would like to break 150 watts to these speakers.

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

LakeCharles LA., La

Post Number: 202
Kappa's are a top notch 6x9.. no doubt

Gold Member

Post Number: 9014
for the record I think this plan is a bad idea but its your car

Bronze Member

Nebraska

Post Number: 70
ok, sean what would you do?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
I think sean's just saying he prefers front speakers and that you should just have those. If that's the case I think it's a matter of opinion, I personally like rear speakers and love my 6X9s and wouldn't imagine not having them. All about preference I guess.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9018
not at least replacing the front speakers instead of components is a bad idea let alone putting 6x9's in that are right behind your head and using high power...its a combination of bad sound quality with the fronts and loud ear deafening volume right at your ear and behind you yet for poor sound stage...I can see the case for rears but in his case the way the cars layed out it seems like a waste

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
^^ Agreed when you put it that way. The fronts ARE to me the most important, but I love the fill sound of the rears. But don't just replace the rears and think everything will be peaches and cream

Gold Member
Username: Mike11202

DD9515G VFL 200.1 = : , Sewell, NJ US

Post Number: 1676
Image Dynamics XS-69

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=5714

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
^^zomgwtf 600$ msrp

ID is a good brand, but there's no way I'd pay that much for em.

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 790
you get what you pay for...

Bronze Member

Nebraska

Post Number: 74
I understand your point there sean. I have a Dodge Ramcharger, it has 4 6x9s in it. despite them being sonys they are ok. I would like to replace the lil factory speakers in the dash (of the car, not my Dodge)but besides them the only other practical place for speakers is behind the seats and in the trunk, but I dont think that High piched sounds get from the trunk to the main cabin very well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us