The Best 6x9

Bronze Member
Username: Silvermopar

Nebraska

Post Number: 60
I am slowly Installing a compelete sound system in my car. I have 2 6x9 holes i would like to fill. I really like Kicker, does any1 know what the best 6x9 speakers are? or is kicker not very good with 6x9s?

Silver Member
Username: Exige

Cincinnati

Post Number: 265
kicker's really not that great in general when it comes to speakers. instead of doing 6x9's, get an adapter and install a 6.5" component set. the adapter will fit in the 6x9 hole.

what's your budget for speakers? are you amping them?

Bronze Member
Username: Silvermopar

Nebraska

Post Number: 63
well I would like to run an amp to them. My HU puts out like 40 watts to each of 4 channels. Budget it kinda low. maby somewhere close to $150 for a decent amp and a pair of 6x9s or similar. I could make an adapter if 6" componets are better. I was shootin for at least 150 watts to each. I will add something of a subwoofer in the future. I want to be able to get loud enough to heart the ears but stay crisp. not that it will be ran at full volume very often. I just like to be able to get that loud
thanks

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20457
i just got done installing the dls 269 6x9 for my rearfill. i ran it straight off the hu and it sounds awesome. the price on the 6x9 is really good too.

http://www.mobilesq.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=27_50_53_62&products_id=88

Silver Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 461
I would recommend 6.5"s also over 6x9s.

Second, your H/U does not put out 40w x4 channels, its more like 20 watts if you're lucky.

Silver Member
Username: Waresgaragestereo

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 113
get or make the adapter like they said and use 6.5's i think you'd be more satisfied that way.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20598
hurricane brian is right. i just got done putting a kicker kx250.2 to the 6x9's and it sounds way way way better.

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1743
Damn, I missed the Diamond convergence and the grand Chad Lee giveaway. Congrats Chad, sorry to thread jack,.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 16458
Oh you missed more than that lol. Just about everyone was platinum and a handful of diamonds for a bit.

All is right with the stars now tho. Carry on.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us