Lost

Bronze Member
Username: Waresgaragestereo

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 93
Have you heard of this ever happening? 1990 Cadi. DeVille. I was talking to mt dad about how the windows stopped working in the car after I hooked the system up. He has worked on airplanes for years and he said that the amount of current flowing through the power wire may be causing the window switches to fail. I think it has something to do with the computer in the car. When you disconnect the batt for a few minutes, and reconnect, everything works for a while. I think that car has something from the computer going to the alt and its takes so much to run that system that the computer is shutting other things down to compensate for that xtra power need. What do you think the issue is? The voltage at the batt with the car running and the system bumping is b/w 14.4 and 14.5. like I said, it works for a while after I reconnect the battery. I've never had this problem b4. none of this probably makes sense. It doesn't to me anyway.

After you disconnect a battery. everything goes back to a nutral setting. i don't know how to explain it like he was saying.

all i kmow is i need some kinda advice.

Bronze Member

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 94
dad's a noob when it comes to car audio!!!

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5294
please post your setup my friend.

And ware's his dad is not a newbie... Maybe he's true or maybe the amps is cutting off because of voltage drops.

Please post your setup and alternator specs

Bronze Member

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 95
i am selling the car but i still wanna know.
im keeping that system tho

2 12 MTX 5000 1 Sony XPlod and 1 Kenwood KAC628 running some small componants. stock alt. i measured the voltage at the batt with the car running and the system up. it hung around 14.4 and 14.5

and my dad isn't knowledgable in car audio

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5296
haha lol i thought another guy did the first post. My bad.

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 898
^lol, nice observation skills juliob
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us