JDs East Coast Enclosure

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5419
Well I order my enclosure from JD and paid on April 2nd. He told me the turnaround on his boxes is 7-10 days for it to be done and shipped meaning I should have my box by now right? Wrong. Its been 15 days and I just received the tracking number this morning, meaning I won't receive my enclosure until Monday or Tuesday. Okay, so yeah maybe I am being a little ridiculous, but the guy has been miserable to deal with. I can understand if he is busy (which he must be swamped) but the guy wouldn't even respond to half my e-mails and never once called me back and I left him 3 messages. I mean does the guy literally work 24 hours a day? I would like to think as tired as he may be from building all day, or whatever he does, that he could give me a quick call or even an quicker e-mail. When I was inquiring about a box he hit me with an e-mail within 24 hours, and once I purchased he couldn't manage to keep in touch to tell me how the box is coming along? No pictures of progress? No updates whatsoever. I was informed I would receive pictures of the build multiple number of times including when I called him two days ago (no answer) only to receive another e-mail saying he would send me finished pictures and a tracking number. I still don't have the pictures and received the tracking number late this morning. I'm not saying he doesn't do good work for a good price, because I don't have my box yet, but I wouldn't do business with him again just because this has stressed me out completely to try to get ahold of him and get an idea of what's going on. Its his job to keep his customer happy and informed especially when he assures you he will. At one point I was wondering if he was going to pull a Mark Potts because he wouldn't return my calls or e-mails for days on end. Just giving you my experience.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5421
"Good Morning
Sounds good. As of today there is a 7 to 10 day turnaround time, I am just a bit busy, but I want to be completely upfront with my clients. It could be done and shipped in a shorter time, but nolonger that 10 days. I am so looking forward to building this enclosure for you.
Sincerely, JD"

That was the e-mail I was sent before right before I sent the money. He didn't really live up to it.

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1625
I had BJ @ Fisher Customs do my box and it was shipped to Canada and I think I got it faster than you got yours...lol

I will be going through him again when I need another box as he was mega fast when answering my questions and posted up a whole thread on my box build.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2415
I'm confused.
Thought you were building Pete's design, Reece... or is this dude building it for you?

Mike, I thought one of Steve's dudes was building your box?

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1627
Steves guy was mega busy and I got tired of waiting after one and a half months. I got the box design/specs from Steve and then passed them on to BJ to build it.

I will post some pictures once I get the subs in and I get internet hooked up at home seeing as we just moved (at work now)

Gold Member

Post Number: 5422
i got the design from pete, but i let him build it because i have no time or tools.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2416
Cool. Can't wait for pictures and reviews.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 1992
sorry to hear that Reece i hope it sounds good. To make up for the lost time.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20378
i feel your pain reece.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5984
yeah, i ordered a box from jd as well. paid for it on the 3rd and nothing yet. emailed him monday and tuesday he responded saying due to a wrist injury he's had to slow it down. also told me mine was done and would ship weds. and i'd have a tracking # on weds. as well. but since then, nothing. no email, tracking #, zip. even checked his profile on caf and he's logged on everyday since then, but hasn't even responded to other posts in his box thread in the f/s section.

unless this box makes my sub shoot out money when the bass hits, i definately won't be recommending him to anyone.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6204
good to keep in mind for everyone.

personally i wouldnt deal with anyone but phil at woodlawn or bj both seem to keep everyone happy and spit out nice boxes. but i like to build my own :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 5423
Well JD is much cheaper than BJ and Phil from what I know. I guess you get what you pay for but damn. His customer service made me miserable. Its bittersweet to know I'm not the only one he has done this too.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5985
just got home and still nothing from jd:-( i'm trying one more time to get ahold of him tomorrow, and if nothing comes of it i'm filing a paypal claim.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9336
"personally i wouldnt deal with anyone but phil at woodlawn or bj both seem to keep everyone happy and spit out nice boxes. but i like to build my own :-)"

Word.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5431
my box is on the way mike so i doubt he just hasn't built yours i dont know what his deal is.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5986
i'm starting to not care what his deal is. injury to his wrist or not, if he has time to go online and check his f/s thread on caf, he can at least update his paying customers.

Silver Member
Username: Quirky

SA, Texas

Post Number: 244
how can i get a hold of any of these guys?
BJ and Phil that is...

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

Mach5Audio M...

Post Number: 1960
BJ Fisher

www.fishercustoms.com

Email him,he does awesome work.

Silver Member
Username: Quirky

SA, Texas

Post Number: 245