Kicker C10s

Bronze Member
Username: Silvermopar

Nebraska

Post Number: 48
What do yall think about a pair of 10" Kicker C10s for $100???? they are 300watts rms and 600watts peak

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 8979
your talking cvr's with that power right...if so they arent bad

Bronze Member

Nebraska

Post Number: 49
Idk i thought they were just C10s, they are black, i have CVRs that are silverish but similar cone

Gold Member

Post Number: 8981
they are the comps not the cvrs and they are rated 150 rms each...they are ok but not fantastic...my cousin had the older comp 12 and it hit ok but you could tell it was the entry line

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-KICKER-COMP-C10-4-10-300w-CAR-SUBS-STEREO-SUBWO OFERS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38647QQihZ022QQitemZ350045937697QQrdZ1QQsspagen ameZWDVW

Bronze Member

Nebraska

Post Number: 50
ok then I will skip those subs for now. what is better, keeping in mind $150 for now. a pair of 10 or 12" or a single 15"?

Gold Member

Post Number: 8983
well id do the audioque 2.5 12 its a tad over the 150 budget but I liked that speaker and it only needs 600 rms and a 2.5 cube box tuned to 35 hz to hit low and get loud...at least thats what we did but it might work in a smaller box

Silver Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 442
Comps are really really really bad.-

Bronze Member

Nebraska

Post Number: 51
well it was hard to tell a lot from that vid with my headphones. that is not the kind of bass im looking for. I like older rock... Aerosmith, ACDC, Def Leapord, Foreigner... and so forth. The clear base that when a drum hits you feel like your right there not rattling the car. But that sounded like a powerful sub, im interested. I dont know how to change hz.. i dont know how or exactly what hertz are

Gold Member

Post Number: 8986
I had a prob with the vid and thought it didnt work...ill repost it...the audioque 2.5 12 on 600 rms

Bronze Member

Nebraska

Post Number: 52
If that sub alone can put out the Clear Bass what i believe is called SPL i like it. I would also like to run a couple 6x9s off the same amp, so like a 1200watt rms 4ch would be nice if i could bridge 2 of the chanels to that audioque sub. and could you give me a quick lesson on Hertz? how to calculate, ect.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8987
ok so your more on the side of sq...this is more what your looking for...it sounds good and low power needed...an image dynamics idq 12...a tad over 150 but you could make an offer
http://cgi.ebay.com/Image-Dynamics-IDQ12-V2-D2-Subwoofer_W0QQitemZ170210696874QQ ihZ007QQcategoryZ18803QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member

Post Number: 8988
read here...www.bcae.com and dont do that 6x9 plan go with replacement speakers that replace your factory speakers or run a set of components if you want to go more on the side of sq

Bronze Member

Nebraska

Post Number: 55
Lol whats that

Bronze Member

Nebraska

Post Number: 56
ok well i wasnt planning on using factory 6x9s, i just have 6x9 holes in my car i want to fill them to look better as well as get some good midrange

Gold Member

Post Number: 8989
its basic car audio electronics it has alot of educational information on there...but if you want a straight forward box design program go here

http://www.linearteam.dk/default.aspx?pageid=isdonline

or here

http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31

and cubic feet is calculated by multipling length times width times height divided by 1728...and then you subtract the space taken up by the port and subwoofer...or if its a sealed box you just subtract the space taken up by the sub

Gold Member

Post Number: 8990
for what your saying you want...a sealed box would be good with that image dynamics idq 12

Bronze Member

Nebraska

Post Number: 57
I know a good amount about mathematics and box building. But I would like a sub that has Clear and Strong bass for UNDER $150 I know its not much but there has got to be something out there. Oh yah, im puttin it in the trunk of a lil Poniac car, if it matters.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8992
trust me do the image dynamics 12...its clear...stronger than you think and hits low...stick 400 rms on it and your good...its rated 350 but will take the 400

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5384
its bcae1.com...

Gold Member

Post Number: 8994
opps...thanks Reece

Bronze Member

Nebraska

Post Number: 58
Ok then, sounds like i will go with that sub. Could you point me twards an amp that will put 400watts to the sub and maby have a couple channels left for some 6x9s

Gold Member

Post Number: 5400
just do separate amps. get a zx400.1 for the sub and something that fits your needs for whatever components you're getting.

Bronze Member

Nebraska

Post Number: 59
Ok.
http://cgi.ebay.com/IDMAX-12-1000-watt-sub_W0QQitemZ300215807877QQihZ020QQcatego ryZ18803QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
or
http://cgi.ebay.com/Image-Dynamics-IDQ-12-V2-DVC-4-Ohm-Subwoofer-BRAND-NEW_W0QQi temZ110243445429QQihZ001QQcategoryZ18803QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Both are 12" Immage Dynamics, one is 350 watts rms like sean said, other says 1000. whats the difference cuz there is a $35 price difference. Used is ok as long as it works like new

Gold Member

Post Number: 5407
the IDMAX is far superior to the IDQ. that is simply a starting bid on the IDMAX, and it will go for MUCH higher.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us