Need an amp for my 3 15's

Bronze Member
Username: 20inchchoppaz

Frankfort, Ky

Post Number: 16
Okay I'am in a bind, I have 3 Kicker CompVR 15's that are each 4 ohms and they are wired up into 1.3 ohms, the RMS on each sub is 500, I need an amp that can power all those and make them sound really good and make them hit hard, a guy here at a local shop told me to get a JL Audio 500/1. So what do you all think would be best.....looking to spend around $300-$450.....let me know.... thanks

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5979
personally, i'd go with a sundown saz1500d. you can get that amp bnib for $450 and would power those subs nicely.

www.sundownaudio.com

Bronze Member

Frankfort, Ky

Post Number: 17
okay thanks alot

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

Post Number: 480
the 500/1 wont be enough for those.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7389
That sundown amp is way too expensive for what it is.......

Audioque 2200d is a good amp that will give you 1800w+ at 1.3 ohms and it's $389

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 773
audioque FTW!

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5980
"That sundown amp is way too expensive for what it is......."

j/w why you say that m.s.? how many other 1500wrms (underrated) solid amp is $450 bnib from dealer with a 2 year transferable warranty? with also the ability to be ran daily at .5ohm to, and with great c.s. from jacob. i don't want to get into an arguement but just wondering why several people here always say that about sundown. i mean i know the aq amps are the new forum bo_ner here, but the saz1500d is a very solid amp, as are the rest of the sundowns.

Bronze Member

Frankfort, Ky

Post Number: 18
...so what would be the best type of amp? because I have never heard of Sundown or Audioque, I do know that the amps you never heard of are the best......Just wanting to know where can I get either of them amps? I also want out of a 10 what do you give each one of them amps?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5289
ctmike.. is expensive... not overrated.

Class D is the best in your application

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5981
i just don't really see it being that expensive. and no i'm not rich (far from it), but when looking for a quality amp that'll do 1500wrms $450 shipped isn't really bad at all. just for comparision, a kicker zx1500 (great amp by the way) is listed at msrp of around $999? msrp of the sundown is $600. true you won't pay the full msrp on the kicker, but you'll still pay around $700 for it. compared to $450 for the sundown. and i'm talking both new from dealers, not used.

and josh, i'd give the sundown a 10. really nice amp. can't comment on the aq due to i haven't ran an aq amp yet, but i've read nothing but positive things of their amps. imo you can't really go wrong with either.

Bronze Member

Frankfort, Ky

Post Number: 19
alrighty i thank you all for helping me, i just wanted something that will blow me away...i have had power acoustik amps, lanzar, and american legacy amps, all cheap by really really shocked me. but thanks again if anybody still has a brand that will like to tell me about let me know thanks

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3516
We put my Sundown SAZ-1500D on my friends cousins 3 CVR's 12" just to show him that it doesn't need to be mainstream to be good.

He is a Sundown fan now and ordering one in a couple weeks.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3517
MS just because you got a kickazz deal on a AB VFL200.1 dosen't mean $450 for 1500+RMS is expensive.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5293
hahaha

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7398
I consider it expensive when you can get 2200w and good quality for $389.

Yes that amp is very efficient, but worth the price not IMO. And ability to run at .5 ohm doesn't mean much unless you actually plan to do that.

www.audioque.com

is where you can buy that amp.

Username: Quanjupe

Post Number: 2
kicker xs100 4 sale amp is 1400watts at 1ohm any questions jus email me at kenchriszen@yahoo.com i can give u picks and my number so we can talk,

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1475
Hope you have the electrical to support this... I have a feeling the shop you went to never mentioned anything about it.

Username: Uniquewhip23

Post Number: 1
I would also recommend to buy the sundown SAZ 1500D amp. I have 4 of them power my wall of 12 12s and I couldn't be happier. I am crankin out 158.7 DB with them sundowns. I wouldn't listen to M.S. Audioque is cheaper and there is a reason for that...b/c it isn't as efficient and won't hold up like a sundown. I have been in the audio business for a long time and sundown in my opinion is the best and will be money well spent.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 6319
What the hell was the guy's reasoning behing telling you to get a JL 500/1?

As for a good amp, that saz1500 would be plenty of power for your subs and its a good price.

You will want to upgrade your electrical though.

Bronze Member

Frankfort, Ky

Post Number: 20
will i just need a new alt.?

Bronze Member

Frankfort, Ky

Post Number: 21
So the 2 everyone is saying is the SAZ1500D and the AQ2200D. I will do some searching and see whitch one is the best and wont cut off everytime my bass hits cause that's what my last amp did...Thanks for all yalls help

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5998
chances are if your amp was cutting off on heavy bass, it was going into protect. try setting the gain correctly.

and you wont find many first hand experienced reviews on the aq 2200 here, they just came out awhile ago and i can't remember anyone here saying they have one.

Bronze Member

Frankfort, Ky

Post Number: 22
so your saying the SAZ1500D?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6000
yes, only for the fact i personally had a few and liked them very much. BUT, from what i've read about the aq 2200 it is a nice amp, little underrated, and priced very well.

so if you want to save a little more money and have a bit more power, go with the aq.

but i personally like sundown.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us