AQ1200 Question

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 888
Alright, so this morning I got my AQ1200 to work and it's really nice. Only problem is that it hardly moves the SE's that I got. Is there anything I can do to give them more power?

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2779
are the SEs new? if so, they are still stiff from being brand new, give them time to loosen up and they will move more.

if you're giving them rec rms, then I wouldn't suggest more power just to get them "moving more"

if you have that AQ at 1 ohm, then you are already giving them at least 600wrms, prob more due to the fact that that amp is underrated.

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

Post Number: 477
is the gain set right and the LPF

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3513
Make sure your running at 1ohm. And what blakbocs said.

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 889
Already double checked to make sure I was running at 1 ohm.

Gain is set at LPF

Ive had my SE's for a few months now and were slammin on the ASA1500.1D amp I had before it blew.

Only things that are different this time around, is that I am running a distribution block (0 gauge to 4 gauge), since the AQ1200 terminals are for 4 gauge, and that the AQ1200 has 2 pos and 2 neg terminals for the subs, but ive heard that does not make a difference with this amp if both or just one of each are wired.

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 891
well, im not really sure why, but I reversed the RCA cables and it solved the problem!

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin MY SUBS GET ...

Post Number: 1937
Thats weird because it shouldn't really matter which way they go in because it treats it as a mono signal either way.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin MY SUBS GET ...

Post Number: 1938
Testing something ignore please...

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7397
Reversing them wouldn't change anything. One of them probably wasn't making a good connection, which would cause exactly what happened to you. Then you probably fixed when you switched them.

Bronze Member
Username: Ballercec

Clinton, NC USA

Post Number: 34
So how does your subs sound now with that amp cause im thinkin about gettin 2 RE audio se12d4s so you'd probably be a good person to talk to Joe S

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 894
The AQ1200 makes my 10's hit pretty hard. It helps that the new enclosure I built is very solid also. people have been tellin me they can hear me down the street, and ive only been playin rock/metal songs.

Bronze Member

Clinton, NC USA

Post Number: 39
i got you. i'm gettin the 12s..any opinion on that and i was thinking about getting that same amp but since you have it hooked to 10s how do you think it'll do with the 12s?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5997
you're a fuc_king tool. honestly, you think they'll be a difference?

Bronze Member

Clinton, NC USA

Post Number: 40
i don't know thats why i'm asking yall before i purchase cause you have a lot more experience. i'm not trying to bother anyone just looking for good advice from ppl that know a lot more than me

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 903
IMO:

10's: More SQ and accurate, Better if you listen to mostly Rock and such.

12's: Mix between 15's and 10's.

15's: Really only for the purpose of getting low. Not as great with Rock and such with a 15 as you would get with a 10.

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 817
Joe S....your an idiot.

doesnt really matter what size the sub is. it depends on THE sub and THE installation.

a 15 can be extremely accurate and have awesome SQ.

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 904
maybe you did not see my, "IMO", for In My Opinion! Im not saying that im right, im just saying what I think from my past experiences with subs.

Silver Member
Username: Treez

Its not loud until it ...

Post Number: 332
"15's: Really only for the purpose of getting low. Not as great with Rock and such with a 15 as you would get with a 10."

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 905
^ what's that for?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us