New Amp Troubles

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 886
I have a question about my AQ1200. I got everything wired, and the system is working, but it is not being powered all the way. It's like the resistance is wrong or something. Everything should be wired to be at 1ohm. Ive tried wiring the two pos and neg different ways, but it still plays the same way. Do I have to have both positive and negative terminals going to my subs?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7361
No it doesn't matter if you use one set of terminals or two.

Check resistance across the speakers with a DMM to be sure they're wired right. How did you set the gain? Try plugging an mp3 player into the amps inputs (need a headphone to RCA cable for that) and play with the gain, see it it's good, if so problem is with the HU.

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 887
The gain is set as low as it can possibly be right now. I didn't want to keep messing with it and something happen to the amp.

The ASA worked just fine right till the day it died. I haven't changed the way I wired anything.

Only thing that is really new is the distribution block that I had to add, since the AQ1200 has 4 gauge inputs.

I'll check the wiring inside the box to make sure nothing is wrong once daybreak happens.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us