Want to learn how to build box

Silver Member
Username: Quirky

SA, Texas

Post Number: 238
So my Fi Q15 is coming in sometime this week. I don't have enough $ to keep paying for custom boxes and think it would be cost efficient to build my own. Anyone know a website, video, old thread ext. on how to build? I don't have any tools so what would i need to buy?

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3764
http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=how+to+build+a+subwoofer+box& sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Silver Member

SA, Texas

Post Number: 239
haha brad, was looking for a more specific advice. these websites show many different ways to build and thought someone could show me how they learned, or a specific site showing how they would build. Perhaps specific wood type, where to put bracing that wont hurt the acoustics, programs to build...

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3767
I am retired from the box building game and am so burnt on it that the smell of mdf or talking about it makes me feel ill. Someone will come along and help you but you can learn alot from some of those links. Building boxes is just like anything else... you learn by doing it and screwing things up. Once you figure out what NOT to do, it is pretty easy to do and becomes routine.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4259
its building a box not a very difficult topic. you cut wood, drill holes, apply glue, screw in screws, cut hole not to difficult

Gold Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Boca Raton, Florida

Post Number: 1534
http://www.icixsound.com/iv/view_video.php?viewkey=455b3fa09a282e0d496f

Silver Member

SA, Texas

Post Number: 242
So how do i drill the sub hole? all i have is a power drill and a reciprocating hand saw?

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1721
U need clamps to hold urself a straight-edge while u reciproCUT ur cuts lol.

Also get some Titebond from ur local hardware store.

The sub hole can be drilled with a router or some sort - u can rig a jig up to make a circle or just free hand... Or if you have access to a jigsaw - you can attempt ur best circle with that.

Bronze Member
Username: Silvermopar

Nebraska

Post Number: 66
Building a box isnt that difficult, it is deciding what volume and shape, as well as deciding on vented or sealed that gets difficult.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us