HELP!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 748
ok so i put in CDT HD-62's in my car yesterday and everything is hooked up right. took it for a test drive last night and everything sounded awesome. however, today when i get in my car and turn the radio on they sound all crackly and when i turned it off, i heard a nasty kinda popping sound when it turned off the amps... i set the gains using a dmm.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4247
how are your rca's/ grounds

also how do you have them wired and what do you have them wired to

Silver Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 749
rca are good and so is the ground. got them bridged to 4ohms on my amp.

i dont know how it sitting for 8 hours in my driveway would have effected it tho!

Silver Member
Username: Explictx

Glen Burnie, Maryland USA

Post Number: 519
Sounds like something is loose. Are you sure your connections on everything is tight?

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4251
ya im betting one of your rca's are loose

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1444
yea dude sounds like something is loose to me too.

Silver Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 750
alright well everything is right, rca/ground. i dont know what else it could be..

Silver Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 751
so i took my car to a shop just now and the guy didnt know what was happening. it would sound find with the car on and everthing, but i started driving and my speakers kept poppin. so he said for me to just drop it off later in the week and they are gonna totally re-do my car.

F^CK!

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7346
Either a bad connection somewhere, shorting wire, or bad amp. Has to be one of those three.

Bronze Member
Username: Resin3

Post Number: 31
" so i took my car to a shop just now and the guy didnt know what was happening. it would sound find with the car on and everthing, but i started driving and my speakers kept poppin. so he said for me to just drop it off later in the week and they are gonna totally re-do my car."

cha-ching$$

Silver Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 754
M.S. how can i check if its a shorting wire? bad amp? or connection?

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7351
You can check connections and wire by taking another set of speakers and two pieces of short wire and connecting them to the amp, see if the problem goes away.

You can test for a bad amp by connecting a different amp in it's place.........

Silver Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 755
i just thought about this but do you think it could be that im usuing to small a wire? its 18awg and im runnin 140rms. i have a bunch of 14awg layin around.

maybe thats it? im running too much on too small a awg?

Silver Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 756
bump

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7364
I don't know how long your wires are but 18 awg is probably ok for 140w. I would use 16 awg though.

Silver Member
Username: Explictx

Glen Burnie, Maryland USA

Post Number: 526
Too small of wire wouldn't cause that crackling and popping sound. But M.S. is right i'd swap it to 16awg. check your wiring from the speakers to the amp. make sure there isnt any wire touching the chassis. also, before you go spending a ton of money for a shop to re do your car.. change your rca's if you have an extra set around or if a buddy has a set just connect it to you head unit and amp and see if it still happens. What kind of head unit do you have? if its a pioneer maybe you need to ground your headunits rca's. also check and make sure you have a tight connection at the speaker.

How do you have you Rca's ran now? is it by your power wire or anything? maybe your hearing engine noise?

Silver Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 760
nah its not the rca's..and its a pioneer, i already grounded the rcas tho because the headunit was doing what. its not engine noise either. im thinking its a speaker wire problem tho. ill get some other speakers on it today and check it because i dont wanna throw down a bunch of cash for a shop to redo stuff, thats why im trying to think of every problem possible.

Silver Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 762
well i took off my door and it looked as tho a wire was getting like crimped or really squished so i moved i re-did it. and it doesnt pop or anything. could that have been the whole problem?

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7368
Sure, the wire could have been damaged. Next time don't run wires in places when they can get pinched without some type of grommet or insulation.

Username: Dan9887

St.paul, MN USA

Post Number: 1
ok i have no clue on anything about subs all i know is that there awesome so my uncle gave me these two pioneer 450w imps i think their 12" hes a machanic so he got the subs out of a totaled car or something like that anyways the van i have now is huge and it was previously wired up for two 8" mtx's on an mtx 4250D amp with a lightweight cable that looks too small it looks like a cable that you use to hook up speakers to a radio. The subs came with a punch 200 amp mounted on the top and i really dont know what i should do to make the imps work with what i have or if its even possible because the last set of subs that were in the car stopped working for some odd reason that i could never figure out i checked the fuzes and everything seemed to be fine so basically what i need to know is what could be wrong with what i currently have in the car and what i would need to do to figure out whats wrong. Also which amp should i use and is there a way to make what i have work
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us