What does this look like?

Silver Member
Username: Pbplayer05

Carroll, Iowa

Post Number: 602
http://cgi.ebay.com/Beyma-XMAX-12-1200-watts-RMS-12-Competition-Sub_W0QQitemZ250 235153737QQihZ015QQcategoryZ18803QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 15927
Shipping is pricey. And I can't see any 12" sub retailing for $1000. Nice sub tho.

Silver Member
Username: Pbplayer05

Carroll, Iowa

Post Number: 603
yah reminds me of the rd sonance

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Lagrange, GA USA

Post Number: 1764
Basket comes close don't it haha.

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3751
Yeah it is just like a Beyma... minus Beyma's engineering, design, service, history, integrity, innovation and reputation.

Revolution Design Audio Upload

Gold Member

Lagrange, GA USA

Post Number: 1765
What is that suppose to mean?

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5311
it means rd has a ways to go before they can be in the same league as beyma, and that looks like a beyma xmax 12 to me.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3752
Left to right: RE, Fi, RD. Revolutionary!

Upload

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3753
My new company has started to make cars. We call it Yercedes. Sure it's a Korean motor and drivetrain but damnit, it looks almost exact! $13,000 fully "loaded". 0-60 = Yes!

Yercedes Menz Y-Class
Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 15941
Upload
Upload

Point made.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin MY SUBS GET ...

Post Number: 1915
Upload

Gold Member

Lagrange, GA USA

Post Number: 1766
Your right Brad, nothing special about our woofers. We just broke a long standing stock record in USACi because we are lucky. 3+ db over record is luck, your right though, nothing special.

Kevin

Gold Member

Post Number: 5332
owned.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3754
It's you're* Einstein. And where did I say anything about performance? I said that nothing about RD is "revolutionary" and there is barely any "design" involved. To compare RD to a truly great company like Beyma is ludicrous at best. If anything, you should be ashamed that it is pretty obvious that they copied that basket design, just as they copied Fi and RE before. If they are going to use those words in their companies name, then walk the walk. I wonder how long you would be on their dick if you weren't trying to profit off them in every other thread?

Go here for the big words: http://www.dictionary.com

Gold Member

Post Number: 5334
owned.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1916
Upload

Gold Member

Lagrange, GA USA

Post Number: 1767
You are about as dumb as a bag of rocks. How many companies use the 12 spoke as a basket? Just because the basket is the same does not mean they perform the same or are the same.

Who said anyone compared the Beyma to RD?? No one, read before you type. He was looking at the basket design, something you do when you compare woofers.

The comments you made show what you know. How about go read and google search some more, then come back with an intelligent answer. Oh, I like how you post a link to dictionary as well, never knew that was a website. If I ever need help with words I sure will use it, but don't front on the internet and take it out of your favorites. Using intelligence to try and bash someone is very middle school, stick with giving apples little boy.

Kevin

Gold Member

Post Number: 5337
owned.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3755
Ok Kevin, I am pretty damn dumb. I have been in audio since you were in diapers. Ask your papa Steve Miller "what I know". And I have helped more people on this site than just about anyone. I am constantly fielding questions in IM's ranging from car to home to pro audio to computers. Ask around about what I know. In fact.... who does your partner Ben come to when he is confused about things and needs an accurate answer? That would be me. So I have indirectly helped YOU and you didn't even know it. I also helped Nick a bit with designing your stupid fücking site. Bet you didn't know that either did you BOY?

Why don't you call me Kevin so we can talk live about "what YOU know" without the help of google. I can even tape it so everyone can hear. I know things about audio that would make your punk ass head spin. I even told the guys in chat I shouldn't have said you compared RD to Beyma just after I posted here. LMFAO you calling me as dumb as a bag of rocks and a little boy is classic. Pretty much everyone on this site will vouch for "what I know". The fact remains that RD is not revolutionary and they don't design barely anything. Can you even dispute that? I realize that you are pissed and I probably shouldn't have even posted in this thread, but to say these things to me on a personal level is just retarded.

Run along son, and go spam some more forums. Oh wait... you are banned from every one but this one because our admin is sackless. My bad.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5339
owned. i would say brad is the most knowledgeable member on this site and one of the more insightful people i have ever talked to.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1917
Brad is one of the most helpful guys on this forum. He's helped me numerous times and in my opinion is the most knowledgeable guy on this forum.

Silver Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 611
i agree brad is very knowledgeable and has helped me and others alot:-)

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

Mach5Audio M...

Post Number: 1920

Gold Member

Lagrange, GA USA

Post Number: 1769
You sure don't show it in this thread. I know I don't know everything about audio, but I do know a good bit and will not try to rub it in anyones face either.

If your knowledgeable, please act like it then. At least try to read the post before trying to take it out of context. And if you are as old as you say you are, please act like it as well. Don't be a keyboard commando :-)

Kevin

PS: Ben hasn't been with me in a while now.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3756
Fair enough. Ben hasn't IM'd me since he left lowhz... for the record. So he was there at the time. But I don't rub it in anyones face or act like a keyboard commando. Rob and MS have that pretty much covered, they don't need my help there

Silver Member
Username: Torn

Post Number: 591
????.... HahaHA...

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 7902
"Fair enough. Ben hasn't IM'd me since he left lowhz... for the record. So he was there at the time. But I don't rub it in anyones face or act like a keyboard commando. Rob and MS have that pretty much covered, they don't need my help there "

Haha, good one f-uck face.

On another more positive note, who's going to see Forgetting Sarah Marshall?!

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 7904
}"Fair enough. Ben hasn't IM'd me since he left lowhz... for the record. So he was there at the time. But I don't rub it in anyones face or act like a keyboard commando. Rob and MS have that pretty much covered, they don't need my help there "

Haha, good one f-uck face.

On another more positive note, who's going to see Forgetting Sarah Marshall?!
}

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 7905
Double post FTL. Actually, triple since one disappeared.

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2757
^you forgot your BOLD

I'll be seeing Forgetting Sarah Marshall, I can't get enough of that girl...d@mn, I can't wait for the next season of heroes.

Oh yeah, that movie looks hilarious too! lol

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3758
Sorry Rob Anyways, I will watch anything with Mila Kunis in it.

Upload

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 7916
" I will watch anything with Mila Kunis in it. "

But would you watch anything in Mila Kunis? Haha.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 7918
" I will watch anything with Mila Kunis in it. "

But would you watch anything in Mila Kunis? Haha.
}}

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3760
Yes please x2

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 7921
Haha, crappy forum.

I had forgotten my bold which makes me cooler and better than everyone else so I had to edit.

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2761
lol Rob.

I didn't mean Mila Kunis, but she is fine too lol.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3768
"I had forgotten my bold which makes me cooler and better than everyone else so I had to edit."

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 5776
BRAD you are badass..but why havent you answer my thread titled
"spl enthusiasts"

maybe you know something about front /rear wave alignment of a woofer?

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3773
In a sealed box, the rear wave is trapped inside the box and cannot add itself to the front wave. This is why by design, sealed boxes are less efficient than ported boxes. In a ported box the rear wave exits the box after being delayed, and adds itself to the front wave. This will create peaks at certain frequencies above the resonant frequency of the box, resulting in higher output. How much of a delay you need for a given box and driver is a complex mathematical equation depending on multiple factors that is best accomplished by computer modeling. Some ported boxes accomplish this by sheer luck, and others semi-cancel the front wave. This is why the same driver in two fairly similar ported boxes can sound completely different in terms of output. By design, ported boxes achieve what you are looking for in varying degrees, depending on the speed of the front wave and the milliseconds of delay of the back wave -- but like I said there is no simple formula in designing this that I am aware of. An oscilloscope could be used to measure the timing of the waves exiting the ports, and then from the front of the driver, while somehow isolating one from the other... and using this info you could time align the waves so that they are in phase with each other.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us