New Mag Review

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9246
http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16634

For those who don't visit SSA regularly. Consider this my weekly post of a topic from another forum.

The driver seems real nice. I'm still waiting for a review from someone not affiliated with SI but this review seems to not be biased. Anyone considering buying one or two?

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2752
not if they keep those uglyass baskets........jp I have no money anyway, plus my alpha has been keeping me satisfied for just about a year now:-)

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 1959
I agree with thieves those baskets are ungly. i liked the old onces.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3759
"In closing, the new Stereo Integrity Mag D2 does everything the previous Mags are known for with greater clarity, better lowend with less weight and in a smaller package. OH! They're also considerably cheaper thanks to direct sales only now."

Pretty impressive to say the least. SI FTW.

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9267
Absolutely. I am considering trying one out or two out....but we'll see.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3769
I have no idea why people care what the basket looks like when you will never see it. And this new Mag gives you cool new options to make boxes shallower and wider so they will fit into more situations.

Bronze Member
Username: Dynamik

Post Number: 23
When are these scheduled to be released? I was saving up to buy an Alpha, but if the D2 comes out soon, Im getting one? Whats the guess-timated price for one?

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9269
Shallower subs work well in my car :-)

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9270
Not too sure on the official release date but it is soon. Check over on SSA on the SI forum :-)

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3770
Nick posted on SSA that the V2 will be "under $275 shipped".

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Damn, I really don't need to save then, I can buy that now! With the new shallow depth, I can build a real nice box for my 2 Door Grand Am GT! God, please let this release soon. Do you guys think that my KX1200.1 will be too much power for it?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5971
for about the 4th time:
"The new Mag's are going to be $249 shipped and the BM's are going to be $149 shipped."

and you should really go to the si forum if wanting all your questions answered on it, since it is thier forum after all and nick is there posting/answering questions (and also on caraudio.com).

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5341
they said the new mag reaches full potential with 600 watts right?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Thanks Mike... but what about a sale date??? lol :-)

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9276
Yes Reece, from what I've read, the Mag seems to do perfect on like 500-1000rms.

Dynamik D, that amp might be too much for it. Thats a lot of power that this sub does not need.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
dang man, I would really hate for me to get rid of the KX for this sub. Wouldn't you think based on SI's rep, that sub would be able to handle the power?

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2763
for the cost of the alpha, I'm assuming how much you would be charged of course, why not buy two Mags, maybe talk to the owner or a dealer about a price cut for a pair?

or you could just set the gains moderately so that the single mag is only seeing the rec power.

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9277
This Mag wasn't designed for the average person one of these forums (CA, SSA, Ecoustics). It was made primarily for people who want a solid sub for a good price who doesn't have much space. The older style Mags can take up to 1800rms daily and be OK as long as your not an idiot and know when to back off. If you give this sub 1800rms daily, it wont last long. If I were to buy this sub, I would only give it 700-900rms. You can use that amp, just set the gain a little low and back off on the volume if something bad happens (IE, you smell the voice coil burning). All in all, this sub wasn't designed to take goobs and goobs of power. But it was designed to be efficient enough to perform at its best with less than recommended rms power.

Just what I seem to have read about the Mag in a few reviews.

Go to SSA for the best answers.

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2764
I wonder how the new mag compares to the alpha...

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 15963
"I have no idea why people care what the basket looks like when you will never see it."

So bangin' ugly chicks in the dark is cool with you lol?

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3774
Seeing as how the original Mag is one of the best sounding subs out there, and the V2 sounds even better, this driver should approach the RL-S in terms of SQ. This combined with the shipped price means that this will be a top seller. SI has a winner on their hands.

And well said Yanks, it is cool to see how you soak up info and use it to improve your knowledge of this stuff every week. I am proud.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3775
LOL Paul, I think you know the answer to that. Your analogy is flawed

And on this same subject, the new Mag seems to have a World Trade Center vibe to the design. Whether this was conscious or not, it kind of grows on you every time you look at it again.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6186
ill probably buy one should fit into my next truck being shallow. they defiantly sound good and if they are better then the v2 like claimed i will be amazed.

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9280
Thank you Brad.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15983
"LOL Paul, I think you know the answer to that. Your analogy is flawed "

Naw. It's all in the delivery.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4265
i dont see how it could sound better than the V2 since it is an amazing sq sub i am amazed everytime i hear mine. the thing i dont get is how the output is going up. i just dont see it but who knows

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2768
do you mean the alpha v2?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
One more question regarding my amp and this sub...Seein that my KX is rated 1200w but ~1477w on birth sheet @ 1 ohm...Can I expect 877-900w + @ 2 ohms since its rated 600w...Thats if I ran the sub @ 2 ohms instead of 1??? Or would it be more beneficial to find a sub to better match my amp since i'm really not willing to part with it?

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5368
pretty sure mag still only comes in d2.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15998
^^^Also not available in a 15" I believe.

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9297
Only Dual 2 ohm and only 12". I'd probably just look for a sub that fits you better.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us