OT-TV shopping

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1622
I am looking at some TV's and have come down to a few in mind.

50" LG plasma pretty nice deal at $1499 The only thing it doesn't do is 1080p, it does 1080i though.

46" Sharp $1799 LCD, it does every HD setting as well.

46" Toshiba $1699 LCD, same as Sharp as it does all HD settings.

I'm just wondering as I know the larger the screen the more you notice 1080i VS 1080p and I want my Blu-ray's to be sweet! All the Tv's do 480i, 480p, 720p and 1080i the 50" is the only one listed that can not do 1080p.

Any opinions on this?

Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin MY SUBS GET ...

Post Number: 1902
We have the 42'' Sharp D6 LCD version or something like that and the picture on it is amazing. we've had it since like December with no problems so far.

LCD ftw

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4382
Stick with a Panasonic TH 42, 50" plasma. The Auquois is good. Chances are you will never notice the difference between a 1080i or 1080p, eye really isn't fast enough. Go to Best buy and take a peek, if you want bring your own disk. Just remember the best thing any of these companies sell are there extended warrantees. Polo.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20218
i will be getting a 50" vizio plazma tv for $900. i got some connectons. it has 2 hdmi inputs and is 1080p.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.1DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 13543
y not simply walk with ur fav dvd to either BB or CC & get a free demo .....

Silver Member
Username: Stamant

LA, FL USA

Post Number: 401
Look into DLPs, Samsung in particular. Thats if your not stuck on flat panels. Flat panels are nice to hang on walls, however, it is possible to get just as good picture quality with a good DLP for much less.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 15900
Sorry for the thread jack. Paul what's your stand on projectors?

I've wanted one for awhile. Can I get the same(or reasonably close) screen quality from a $1000 or less projector?

I want DLP. It would be in a gameroom underground location so window lighting is not an issue.

Silver Member
Username: Stamant

LA, FL USA

Post Number: 402
Hey Paul, everything good man? I really don't know much bout projectors. Sorry. I did research for awhile differences between LCD, DLP and plasmas before I bought my 52" Samsung 1080p DLP. I am extreamly happy with what I have. I know I saved well over $1000 for the same picture quality going non flat screen. My DLP is only 8" deap. Hanging it on the wall was not that cool to me. Wish I could help more but I can't.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 15906
Thanks anyway dude.

Gold Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 2013
"i will be getting a 50" vizio plazma tv for $900. i got some connectons. it has 2 hdmi inputs and is 1080p"

chad your aware it prolly doesnt have audio outputs to hook up a surround or stereo from the tv right?i got the 26 inch version of it and all u can hook up is headphones

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 840
dont get the lg my aunts owned one for a year and has had to replace the moutherborad in it 3 to 4 times i like my flat screen it gose to 1080i and looks great i love playing my ps3 on it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us