Sorry OT but this has to be said....

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20193
today for the first time i paid $4 a gallon for gas. this is just insane. its like it cost alot of money just to go to a friend's house or relative's house.

i don't know how much everyone else is paying for gas but i know that cali is the most expensive. someone said it will go up to $5.00 in the near future and i believe it.

the car industry is big in united states so they gotta have some power. if the car companies want us to buy their luxury suv's then they should step it up and do something about it.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 8906
well where I am its $3.35 a gallon for 87 but ive heard it said that it will go up to $4 a gallon soon..and believe me I know what your saying

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20195
i am spending over $250 a month for gas alone. good thing i only have a v6 but still my car eats up alot of gas. its just frustrating cause the price of gas is almost as much as the car payment it self. i feel sorry for those that drive around in the hummer H2 around here. drive down to the local store is a few bux gone right there.

Silver Member
Username: Kingtutus

Lincoln, Nebraska U.s.a

Post Number: 215
but at least where not like the uk witch it like $10 a gallon

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 8907
"i am spending over $250 a month for gas alone. good thing i only have a v6 but still my car eats up alot of gas. its just frustrating cause the price of gas is almost as much as the car payment it self. i feel sorry for those that drive around in the hummer H2 around here. drive down to the local store is a few bux gone right there."

yeah that is nuts...but at least the people in the H2's can afford the gas

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 1952
Chad i do 40 miles round trip everyday. I pay over 120 per week to come here and email you guys. Can wait until i pay 5 bucks.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 3853
Yeah, I use to spend 320-400 monthly, but that was a month ago ;).

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1440
$3.36 in PA good thing i have a 4 cylinder. lol :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1953
If gas goes up my truck holds 31 Gallons @ 5 bucks = 155 a week. I'll be spending 620 buck a month. Right now i do around 480 a month right now.

Time to look into a 4 cylinder.

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20198
thats terrible gus. hey when do you want to meet up so i can drop off the speakers to you?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1955
Chad i am in no rush since i dont have an amp to power them up with.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4237
mhh gas= 3.35 here

64 miles to work x5= 320
32 miles to schoolx5=160
90 miles once a week to see the fiance
and then you know normal stuff

so 570 miles on what is a given every week
now thats a lot of gas

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin MY SUBS GET ...

Post Number: 1899
3.39-3.49 for 87 here.

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 5774
3.25 here

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2742
this is why I'm thinking of getting back into a 4 banger..:-( I would really prefer not too, but I've been looking at the 4dr focus, or the 5 dr mazda3 if I can find an affordable one....

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20200
damn i would kill for the gas prices you guys are paying.

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2746
yeah 3.16-3.30 isn't bad compared to your situation chad. but then it takes me at least $55 to fill up on regular....

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 735
well you know years ago if they told you that you would pay 3 bucks for a gallon of gas, everyone woulda started taking the bus. but if they do it gradually then people dont think about it that much. i mean if i can find it for 3.20, then its a good deal. oil companies know that you wont pay $10 for a gallon of gas NOW, but in the future, ya you will cuz they will do it slow n steady, higher and higher.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4378
I remember when gas was 76 cents/gal, we use to scrape up $5 and drive all night. My first car was a 72 Plymouth Satellite with a 383 interceptor, old police car with the bars in the back, loved that car. I now pay $3.69/gal at Sam's club for premium, car has to have it cuzz of the supercharger will knock like a bish. the new GTPs have a timing retard built in so you can actually put regular but at a 20hp loss... Polo.

Silver Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 738
lol when i was in high school i would ask my rents for $20 to fill up the car and then have a few bucks left over...

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20203
its like when people start to complain about gas, they jack it up more. then they bring the price down a bit so it seems like we are getting relieved. this is just insane.

i bet they will jack up the price again then drop it back down to $4 so people would think they are getting relieved.

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20204
btw in the old days, bottled water used to cost more than gas. lol.

Silver Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 426
$3.40 here.

I filled up Wednesday and got 27.5 mpg.

In my 4 cylinder Camry I have no complaints with that gas mileage.

People think that driving on the highway will get you better mileage, but thats not ENTIRELY true.

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/images/speedVsMpg3.gif

Driving 75 or 80 instead of 65 absolutely kills your milage.

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Lagrange, GA USA

Post Number: 1755
I'm fixing to make the wife drive the focus more than the edge. This $hit is crazy. The edge gets good mileage too for an SUV in the 20's, but fukus gets like 30 hehe.

Kevin

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2747
"Driving 75 or 80 instead of 65 absolutely kills your milage"

really? I get amazing gas mileage going 70+
seems like I get better gas mileage going that speed rather than 65. and I drive the highways and back roads ALOT

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin MY SUBS GET ...

Post Number: 1901
You get the best gas mileage going around 55mph. A long time ago that was the national speed limit to reduce fuel consumption.

Silver Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 739
gas will never go back down... even when we get a new president. everyone of them has solutions to the gas problem, BUT who REALLY runs this country??? big business does! if something isnt good for big business then its not going to happen ever. plain and simple.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 15885
$3.03/gal. I also remember putting $5 in and feeling good about it. Heck, even digging for change. If you used a $20 you almost always got change back.

There's roadblocks ahead of any solution. Bio-fuels are crop dependent and that hampers our food supply. Alternative energy powered vehicles(hybrids) are currently expensive and are hated by the oil companies for a reason. They're so big they gobble up the patent rights of new technology and squash it(until they can find a larger profit in it themselves).

Sad part is Americans love their toys big and bold. $60,000 suv's driven in towns everywhere from coffee shop to coffee shop, never seeing off road or snow.

My new truck is a 5.4l V8. 27 gallon tank. Thank god I don't drive much.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict ... Level 2 pre...

Post Number: 2391
3.38 here in NY now. only 10c. cheaper at the rez...

i'm suffering even with my 4cl. manual semi-gas-efficient acura lol

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1702
We need to say screw the tree huggers and find more oil.... not just find.... but DRILL IT. F|_|ck the bullsh!t the rest of the world gets handed by major oil companies. It's long overdue for a time of change...

The world ends in 2012 - why not drill our resources now and live it up... sh!t

Gold Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 2008
3.19 a gallon here.its said to hit 4 a gallon this summer.im glad i just got a 4 cylinder.ima have to tune her up and stuff.i do alot of traveling.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2009
i thank when bush is gone gas a go down.i mean come on hes in a oil company his self

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 15897
He's a player, not the dealer.

Expect it to get worse.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2012
ya but the oil barrels dont mark them selves up.the person that makes it is usually the one marks it up.then it goes higher on down the line.u know the president can make gas prices on lock where they cant go up

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 839
just put 20 in gas here is about 3.45 in the city about 3.25 on the outskirts. did you all hear about a oil company asking for a tax cut becuz of there industy being in despair

Silver Member
Username: 94_toy

Post Number: 192
$1.30 A liter, so $5.20 a gallon here. Canada gas prices + 2003 ford f-150 with 5.4L triton V8 = FTMFL. $150 a week to work and school

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2358
well i was reading somewhere and they said gas prices should be lower than expected this summer

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Post Number: 2115
3.25$ a gallon in VA but the subaru gets good MPG

450Miles on 15 gallons or so :-)

the caprice wagon im hoping i get 20MPG like the guys on impalassforum.com get

the torino LMAO nawwwww 5MPG 8 max LOL

back during katrina gas prices were the same i payed 400$ a month to drive 15 miles a day :-(

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20221
i would use the metro system but i just spent all the money putting in a nice system. i gotta enjoy it. lol.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7330
$3.41 in nothern PA....... my 14 mpg Blazer is starting to hurt my wallet
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us