Sub Box help

Binarybit0101
Unregistered guest
I have just boughten a stage 3 12" DVC rockford and i want someone's opinion on what would be the best box for me, im looking for a ported but it musted sound perfect cuze i have a bose sound system and sq is very important to me, i heard that you can get a louder sound from a ported but maby i am wrong..

~any help would be nice

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 203
Yes, your right that Ported= Higher Sound and Sealed= big bass. I like your sub choice and ported is all around good for all music. Wouldnt suggest it for Rap at all though.

Bronze Member
Username: Alpinepower

Canada

Post Number: 27
Sealed is very easy to make, take the proper air size and make 2 cut outs. Very difficult to port a box to the exact tuning frequency required. Some companies make slotted boxes, which are ported boxes basically, in my experience I was at a competition in which guy put sealed box and hit 112 db with a small system, put in slotted, (same subs) and hit 118db, sounded pretty good, try to find a place that will let u try and hear a few boxes before shooting your money

binarybit0101
Unregistered guest
Thanks alot i listen to rap mostly and i think i will build a seald box for now, and when im up at school again i will work on a ported so i can have acces to the tools to tune it... thaks a bunch. and if your reading this can you help me with my new post its the ``polly fill or not??`` one
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us