Fi BTL vs. Cerwin Vega Stroker Pro

Bronze Member
Username: Grandhustle

Post Number: 79
What would you guys go with? If possible, could you please provide the pros and cons to each one? Also, go with 1 or 2 and 12s or 15s?

Personally, I like rap and like it with low deep bass that really rattles your throat. I appreciate the help guys!

Silver Member
Username: Hgihkcin

Lincoln, NE

Post Number: 310
go wit the stroker pro, it gets pretty low, and it gets extreamly loud. i would probably go only with one or you will spend a fortune on electrical upgrades, if you want one i have one for sale with an amp, ill even throw in 50 feet of 0/1 gage wire for free.

Bronze Member
Username: Corbin01gti

Post Number: 11
nice plug

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
haha that was pretty nice. Send me a message and let me know man.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1273
I would take the BTL.
I don't like the mounting of the stroker, the BTL sells cheaper, and the newer btl is even beefier than the old. My BTLs eat up the lows. The BTLs were my subs of choice- and no matter how many setups I hear I'm so happy I went with them.

Silver Member
Username: Denim

SoundSolutionsAudio.com, MD USA

Post Number: 679
Hard to compare the two. I doubt there has been many that have heard both yet.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 7890
Personally I'd go with the strokers.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
Ya I'm pretty sure I'm going with one Stroker Pro 15. I think the Stroker pros are super good. I really don't see how you could go wrong with either of them.

My question is, it's gonna need a big amp to push out the proper amount of power needed for this sub. It's RMS shows 2,500 and the peak is 5,000. Any suggestions what amp I should get for this sub? Also, will I need any electrical upgrades?

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict ... Level 2 pre...

Post Number: 2392
be prepared to drop around $600 just on your electrical

you WILL need a new alternator, and will need to replace your battery with one or two extras for optimal performance. i'd say go with the new BTL as well but that wire coming with the Stroker is clutch, because you will be needing it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
If I get the new BTL, would I still need to upgrade the electrical???

Gold Member

Post Number: 2393
yes

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 744
to run any more than 1000-1200wrms, you will need a HO alt. no doubt about it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
Could someone please explain to me what an HO alternator is? Sorry I don't know too much about that.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 7898
An HO alternator means high output alternator.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 84
What alternator do I need and where can I get one? Where would it go on the car too? How would I wire my extra batteries? This is something new to me so please explain!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
basically dude, its a replacement part for your stock alternator. same spot better performance. you could really use a single battery if you have a good enough alternator. the power to the stereo runs off the alternator when the car is running and from the battery when it is not running. a good battery isnt a bad investiment either way you look at it. if i were you, which i once was not too long ago, i would utilize the the search field on the main forum page and type in key words to your questions. such as HO alternators.......battery wiring.....also there is a GREAT website called http://www.bcae1.com/

its extremely informative with interactive diagrams and charts explaining the power usage supply wire sizing as well as definitions and explanations onto nearly every concievable car audio topic. i hope this helps. BOOYAH

Gold Member

Post Number: 2395
^nice one

Bronze Member

Post Number: 85
MY concern is that I'm not really mechanically skilled with cars and I don't know if I will be able to install this myself. I also don't know where to buy one for my car. I have a Chrysler 300 2008 model and that website wasn't as helpful as I thought it would be.

Silver Member

Lincoln, NE

Post Number: 312
just have someone put it in for you, it shouldn't cost to much to install an alternator,but its pretty easy, you should be able to do it yourself. ohio generator makes them, and so does iragi (been a while since ive been on so not sure on spelling) alternator. a good amp would be a jbl 2200.1 ive got one for sale pm me about it. where are you located?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
PM sent. What shops could put it in for me?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
dude you obviously are in total reliance upon other people for answers. i could for example tell you to go get a pyramid alternator. that website, which im sure you read only the preface, would will and does answer any and all questions except for the ones such as "where can i get an alternator at" which coincidentally a thing called the internet could help with. check out other threads in regards to ho alts dude. it will save yourself time because many people have had the same problems as you and the answers have already been posted. i think im coming off like a dick, but it seems that you dont want to read for yourself and do the research that being a educated and or self sufficent car audio enthusiast entails. you might be better off buying some stuff pepboys, they can get you the alt as well. tell manny i said what up

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3736
^^^ I like this guy already.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
You know the thing is I come to this site to learn. If I don't ask, then how can I learn? This is the first time I've heard about an HO alternator and extra batteries. I'm just trying to learn. Searches don't bring up specific info all the time relevant to my situation and since you know the answers to my questions, You could just explain yourself and if not, then don't bother reading the thread partner. Don't mean to sound like a dick but if I need to explain myself, then thats what im doin.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5299
you can learn by reading threads about topics you are unsure about and you can also learn by reading sites like the12volt.com and bcae1.com. i agree with corbin when i say you probably didn't read more than the preface of the site he recommended to you. if you ask more intelligent questions you get more intelligent answers.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
exactly, like i said pepboys could probably get you some speakers and parts etc. but you want to use big boy stuff like a btl or stroker you need to come correct with your game plan. i never want to knock anyone for wanting to get bad boy stuff. but dont be the 16yr old kid in a corvette asking where the gas goes. besides, the most important knowledge you will ever attain is the kind you discover, and find on your own. besides 6 people here will tell you a btl the other half dozen will tell you cv. everyones right, right? either way heres a thread i found for you that soemwhat might answer your questions regarding the ho alternators. click the links that are given, even at that point you might have to contact the company to see if they would have or could make a alt for your ride homeboy. keep buzzin in the honeycomb playa

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/471823.html

oops there you go big worm

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/471884.html

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
Look at big corbin go with his lil slang! Tryina act all hard on the internet. Acting like a wanna be gangsta behind the keyboard and monitor. Props homie.

First of all, I came here to see exactly what I'd want to do with my setup. I didn't come here knowing what I wanted to do exactly so Im asking for opinions and help. I need to come correct??? My bad for not bringing enough to the table like yourself big baller!

Second, I ask the question to find out people's opinions bro. I've read reviews and read the specs on the subs but that only can tell you so much. I'm not going to sit here and act like I know exactly wtf im doing cuz if i did, I wouldnt be on this site asking for help.

Third, since you like to act like you know more than me and talk a big game, would you like me to just come out and say "NOOB NEEDS HELP!" Would that satisfy you partner?

Don't get sh!t twisted playa. Im just tryina learn. I didn't come attacking you so there's no reason for you to come at me like that homeboy. I'll continue to search through those links you so graciously posted for me. What a gentleman you are.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
And 1 more thing playa. How do you think I came to the conclusion about getting the Stroker or BTL? Those aren't some BS subs that you can find from your local best buy. It took research and doing my homework to come up with those.

Silver Member
Username: Prozack52

Cincinnati, 2-D615D4 Dia...

Post Number: 274
grandhustle you will learn more by exploring man when you ask questions and answers are given there is really more to it than just the answer you have to dig into and learn all the details of it man i have been a car audio freak for three years and still dont no a 1/10 the stuff i need to know call shops go on the internet those are usually two great resoucres and like corbin said everyone has diff opinions on here go with something you want you have to explore car audio to figure it out and see what you like man

Silver Member

Lincoln, NE

Post Number: 313
grandhustle, you never replied to my pm, if you want my sub/amp ill sell both of them to you for $950 and throw in the wire, im going to list them on ebay if you dont come to a conclusion in 3 days

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5320
if you want to learn then read the sites posted and listen to what were saying instead of acting like a tool.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
i see my ebonics only infuriates the nuckledragger. anyway, good luck tool. keep on wit da grandhustle on da net boyyye. btw it was real hard to find them threads too playa. u welcomez b
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us