American Bass????

Silver Member
Username: Splsq

Chesterland , Ohio USA

Post Number: 336
hey is american bass any good...cause one of my buddys cuz is gonna sell me his American Bass XD....are these any good??

Silver Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 576
yes.

Silver Member

Chesterland , Ohio USA

Post Number: 337
okk cause im selling my system in a lil and he said for 500 he will put 2 12inch American Bass XD a ported box and a amp...u think thats a better setup then a 15CVX in a sealed box

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 8836
im pretty sure your talking about the subs and we had the american bass dx 10 it hit well up high but down low it wasnt anywhere near as strong

Silver Member

Chesterland , Ohio USA

Post Number: 338
well u think that setup will hit harder and sound nicer like ive heard a single 12 american bass dx and it hit ok for 1 12 but im nervous about changing it up tpo something ive bever heard

Gold Member

Post Number: 8837
well those subs can be bought cheap and honestly they dont sound bad...we bought our 10 new for 40 bucks and put 300 rms on it (its rated power handling I think) but an amp included for 500 dont do it...you can buy those subs new with a new amp to power those for less then 500 bucks...but honestly id tell you to do one audioque 2.5 12 before the american bass subs...it will hit the low end better ...just give the audioque 600 rms daily in a 2.5 cubic foot ported box net tuned to 35 hz and it will slam

Silver Member
Username: Rtyauch301

Post Number: 247
i have 3 of those 12's in a ported box doing 142 but hes right they hit better high then low but i wouldnt pay that for them i got my 12's for 50 each and i think their only 250 rms mine are also over powered i think im giving them about double the rms and their still going

Silver Member

Post Number: 248
my bad i have the dx the xd is the next one up it should be a good sub

Silver Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 577
oh i thought you were talking about amps. haha. my bad.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8839
oh ok I didnt realize they had an xd and that was the next line up

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3505
hearmeb4ucme

What amp is your friend running to those XD's?

And what is your setup right now?

Silver Member
Username: Durski

Post Number: 389
don't 10's suck on low notes in general? if so, that would explain why they hit the highs well and not the lows...

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7300
" don't 10's suck on low notes in general? "

Ugh. That is one of the most common noob myths of car audio. Cone size does not change the sound the sub. It does affect the SPL, the more cone area the louder it is.

Silver Member

Post Number: 391
yes yes, as noob as I am I can only speak from my own experiences, the best 10's I've ever heard was a pair of Punch's, and they sounded like p00p on lows. 12's sounded a little better but still easy to hear them bottom out, 15's and 18's wang. Maybe I was expecting the notes to come out at the same volume as higher bass notes on those subs, but it wasn't just the volume that suffered on the smaller subs.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7303
Could also be the fact that they're punches....... ya think?

Silver Member

Post Number: 398
I'm not going to win, and this guy probably is set on getting 10's, I'll stop.

Silver Member

Post Number: 249
theirs nothing wrong with 10's iv compeated with them if you get good ones they hit just as low of corse i had 4 of them 2

Gold Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 1997
dx 12's are good for the money i got 2 of the 12's.everybody on the net only payed 40 or 50 a piece.i payed 125 a piece last summer.sheet here is marked up to high.i go outta town now

Gold Member

Post Number: 1998
my dad likes the dx's over kicker cvr's

Silver Member

Chesterland , Ohio USA

Post Number: 339
ok well what u think are the xds ne good and idk what kinda amp he is running right now with my setup im running a kicker cvx 15 on a hifonics 600 watt

Gold Member

Post Number: 2002
all ive heard is the dx's

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Lagrange, GA USA

Post Number: 1750
Are you looking for loud, or just a little more low end? What kind of music do you listen too?

Kevin

Silver Member

Chesterland , Ohio USA

Post Number: 340
i listen to all rap music and like just loud bass thats lowww lol but yea i havent heard the xds either but my friend says there louddddd lol

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 743
dont go by what your "friends" tell ya, they might not know what loud is! i have a friend who has 2 12"DUALS in the bandpass box and a 1200watt sony amp...HE said that it pounds so hard that it hurts your chest! took him in my car which is 500wrms and he thought i had like 4 15s and thousands of watts.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2006
^^ lol ya its funny showing your friends that havent heard a real system what a real one sounds like

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 745
he11 mine isnt even anything to rave about anyway. 2-12" pioneer tsw306, box-4cubes @35Hz, and 500 rms...

i just laugh at the "pounds so hard it hurts your chest" comment that he made about his "system" lol

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1703
I'll be running AB this summer :]

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Lagrange, GA USA

Post Number: 1758
Well, I am not sure how those 10's will do. I can give you a deal on a single 15 and 700 rms amp that will for sure complete your needs :-)

RD Sonance 15 + Ample Audio EX680 = ear sex

Kevin

Silver Member

Chesterland , Ohio USA

Post Number: 341
i listen to all rap music and like just loud bass thats lowww lol but yea i havent heard the xds either but my friend says there louddddd lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us