Need a little advice on my setup

Username: Toenail

Tx

Post Number: 1
i bought my car last year and only installed the subs and amp.. ive had all the other speakers but never got it installed due to wife issues (doesnt like it loud like i do).. well we just got a new car that shes gonna be driving so now im ready to install my whole setup.. my question is, with all the stuff i have should i be getting a killer sound.. because just having the subs and amp connected i still get that whole factory sound.. nothing special.. but ive been doing some reading and supposably the amp i have i supposed to be a good one.. but i dont get that kick that i think i should be getting... i dont listen to rap, im more of a rock and metal guy.. but i like my music loud with that front row type of sound.. i wanna hear and feel like im hearing it live... with what i have should that do the job or do i not need soo much or are there are few things that i missing.. ive read some ppl use capacitors and additional batteries.. are those things i may need? sorry im sorta new to all this car audio stuff.. just wanna make sure im not leaving anything out... that car is an 06 altima.. the speakers should be listed as well since i have them in my profile.. if not ill edit this post and right what speakers and amp i have.. and the reason for this post is because im getting my speakers installed tomorrow.. thanks in advance

heres what i have:
some sony deck (dont know model number)
2x Crossfire 6" SX series spkrs
2x Crossfire 6x9 SX series spkrs
1x Crossfire VR1000d amp
2x Crossfire BMF1228 subs
1x Kicker ZX350.4, 4ch amp

Silver Member
Username: Exige

Cincinnati

Post Number: 237
To be very honest with you, about the only thing to keep from your current list of stuff is the Kicker amp.....and even that might have to go if it's not the proper amp to drive new speakers.

Crossfire is a pretty ugly brand all around. I would get rid of all the Crossfire stuff and start from scratch.

Do you have a budget you're willing to work with?

Silver Member
Username: Exige

Cincinnati

Post Number: 238
ahh dude i missed the last sentence. cancel your install. just tell em you cant make it or something. get some advice on the forums here for lil bit and we can point you in the right direction. don't waste money on getting crossfire speakers installed.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us