JL 13 W7 vs 2 Kicker 15 L7

Username: Johnn

Post Number: 1
I just want to see what everyone here has to say, I currently have 2 12cvr in a ported box on a zx1000 kicker amp.

I want to add more subs to my car, ill be keeping the cvr's but idk what to put next, either 2 15 l7's or 1 w7, im more of a SPL guy, but i want my system to sound in the middle.

Also the W7 will have a JL audio 1000/1 amp to it, and im not sure what amp to put with the L7's.

So what should i get? even if anyone has ideas to tell me to get something else ill listen. thanks

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5952
first, don't mix subs. not a good idea. and if looking for just spl, then l7s' for sure over the w7. but you will need more power for the pair, and you'll definately be needing to do some upgrades to your electrical system.

and you will most definately get suggestions for other subs than the l7. so might as well post your budget for everything now.

Post Number: 2
my budget for now will be between 1000-1500, anywhere between there is reasonable

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20103
if you have the space then just add another 2 12 cvrs and another zx1000. that is assuming you have a upgraded your alt. if not you can still get by but you won't be able to really turn it up.

also like ctmike said, don't mix subs.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5953
that's just for subs? or for subs, amps, box? and what kind of car you have, or available space if you know it?

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 1931
Post budget?
Type of car its going in?

Post Number: 3
Just the subs, im gonna have the box custom made, my budget will be a max of 1500 and the subs are about 600 for both. Im not sure which amp to put towards it.

it will be going into a 2000 dodge intrepid r/t

Silver Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 423
charging system first bud once you get over 1000 watts you need HO alt, big 3, 0 guage, batteries etc

Post Number: 4
I have 0 gauge wiring already, but not sure about my alt or battery.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us