Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Boca Raton, Florida

Post Number: 1483
Explain which is better and why

Platinum Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3681
Copper handles heat better, and in turn will handle more power, but is also much heavier than a similar coil made of aluminum. The weight of the coil limits it's transient response time which is why it is almost always used only in low frequency drivers.

Platinum Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Boca Raton, Florida

Post Number: 1487
ok Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 702
so what your tryin to say is...Copper handles heat better, and in turn will handle more power, but is also much heavier than a similar coil made of aluminum. The weight of the coil limits it's transient response time which is why it is almost always used only in low frequency drivers?

is that right? lmao

Platinum Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3683
Having trouble with the big words Abarca?

http://www.dictionary.com

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 704
lol i was just kiddin Brad

Platinum Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin MY SUBS GET ...

Post Number: 1864
"The aluminum are more application specific in they are used in box designs where maximum excursion is desired in conjunction with max power. The copper coil is more efficient and actually louder in most boxes in moderate to high power applications."

An email from DJ Langford^^

Platinum Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1362
So aluminum would be the better choice with lower wattage correct, more efficient?

Platinum Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1380
im guessing thats why aluminum coil HDC3s cost more then the copper coil ones. but it doesnt matter to me i got the whole package HDC315 for $279 shipped. :-) now it is like 300+shipping.

Silver Member
Username: Djl

Post Number: 134
Copper is actually better and louder for low to moderate high power in most applications.

Silver Member
Username: Denim

SoundSolutionsAudio.com, MD USA

Post Number: 662
There are different companies that use one over the other for certain applications for different needs. The use of material of coil can be effected by a number of different things in the driver make up. But I can venture to guess that less drivers will use copper in the future do to the high cost of it.

Silver Member
Username: M0nkeyman692

Post Number: 544
what about bronze? lol

Silver Member
Username: Denim

SoundSolutionsAudio.com, MD USA

Post Number: 674
There is also CCAW, but I don't think we can say one is better for the other, but more so one is better then another in a certain instance based upon goals and purpose and money.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4189
well if you look it up copper is the better conductor so it would make sense that copper is actually better

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1399
if copper is better y does the hdc3's with aluminum cost more then the copper ones?? lol shouldnt it be the other way around?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us