What are the loudest subs?

Bronze Member
Username: Kenwa

Post Number: 15
I have stepped up a little bit in budget and now plan on 2 15"s, I want these subs to be really loud and still sound decent. Cost doesnt really matter, just as long as its loud. I have been told to get eclipse titanium series, MTX thunder 9500, or pioneer premier 5000SPL. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

anon
Unregistered guest
Eclipse is very good. MTX is alrite, Pioneer is not nearly the best. Go with the eclipse titaniums or my personal favorite Elemental design 15 a's

i know nothing
Unregistered guest
um jauggernauts not sure exactly how spelled they come in 15's and are tested up to 3000 watts each and can go higher is willing to try they cost about 700 bucks each and i reccomend getting 2 3000watt 3 channel amps u will blow ur windows out with this becareful

Bronze Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 86
Just to be different try Fusion Jonah Lumo subwoofers. They are loud as hell but the SQ is a bit lacking. If you want the SQ and SPL then go for the Eclipse Titainium Series but be prepared to spend some $Money$

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 281
Resonant Engineering X.X.X 15's are wicked. 32mm one way X-max. Very high surface area, also, 810 cm^2.

Bronze Member
Username: Alpinepower

Canada

Post Number: 50
Disagree on Fusion puke green technology.

The subs being reccommended to you are competition style subs, the eclipse will be your best bet for sound quality, competition subs dont care about how they sound just as long as noise is made,

Generally if u ask someone with comp subs 2000 watts plus what song they are playing, their response will be

Song?

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 290
Actually, RE X.X.X. have very good sound quality, and were designed for SQ. SPL is just a benefit. 2 15's aren't great for SQ, anyway. Other considerations are Image Dynamics ID Max (fantastic sound quality), JL 13W7, the Eclipse recommended above, and Adire Audio Brahmas.

Username: Nikefireball2

Post Number: 1
u suck guys

Bronze Member
Username: Germanguy

Post Number: 42
15" ground zereo gzpw - special edition

it can take 10.000 real watts rms. and I'm talking just ONE sub. the standard edition can ONLY handle 4.500 watts rms.
you can hook up 4 amps to the sub, and you gotta have real good amps that push 2.500 rms each.
this baby IS gonna destroy your car !!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Is there a good website that wont rip me off that i can find resonant engineering and image dynamics subs at?

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
Hey GermanGuy GroundZeros have been out of bisness of the USA but if you wanna pay Huge S/H charges you can buy them from the UK, and hes right about the RMS ratings, too bad there not in the US anymore...

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 302
Ground Zeros are very good, but I stray away from needing to put close to 10,000 RMS to a sub. 1,000 is plenty for most if the sub is of good quality (not Audiobahn's 1000W, for example). Kenny, the ID max only comes up to a 12", but will outperform many fifteens and retain fantastic SQ. The only authorized internet retailer for ID is www.sounddomain.com I can't find any online retailers for RE X.X.X subs, I can't remember but I don't think they authorize internet sales, unless you try ebay. Go to their site www.respl.com and it should have a dealer find. Two RE 15's in a good ported box would probably hit in the range, much more than I would push, or listen to, anyway. The Eclipse Titanium Series come in 15" and also have great sound quality. They also don't authorize internet sales.

Anonymous

jon, how would you compare the id to the brahma. 12 and 15?

Diddy
Unregistered guest
The Eclipse Titanium Pro is a bad mutha!

Anonymous

i read about the ground zero sub and it says it has a max excursion of 75 mm. WOW!!!
www.ground-zero-audio.com/en/plutonium.html

Bronze Member
Username: Germanguy

Post Number: 44
@thatguyyouknow
do you know why ground zero went out of business in the US? they manufacture right here in germany and won nearly everything you can imagine (subwoofers only). also their amps are not bad, but the subs are ranking over the JL W7-series over here. first I thought that they are identical with eclipse, since their design & structure are very similiar. on the german translation of their website they advertise their US-roots, which they don't mention on the english page. confusion, would be nice if someone knows more about them.

heres one competition review of the smaller 12" against the JBL, GZ it's everybodys darling at them moment, because it sells for around 400 US$ in Germany.

Upload

sorry, takes a minute to load

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 312
The Brahma 15 will have more SPL than an ID 12, Brahma 12 and ID 12 will be close to equal (Brahma has a tad more X-max, ID has a bit more surface area). As far as SQ, I like ID Maxxes a tad better.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Jon, I looked at the ID Max and it seems like they would be very nice subs, how would they compare with eclipse titaniums. Another option would be an MTX thunder 9500, how do those stack up to other subs?

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 351
Id Maxxes are pretty much a toss up with the Titaniums, I'm running Titaniums right now, but I'm about to order two ID Maxxes myself, I like the SQ better. ID Max is my new favorite all around sub. I had only heard them once before, and I thought I liked Titaniums the most, but after my friend got some and I heard them for more than a couple of minutes, I changed my mind about the Eclipses and liked the ID Max a lot more. The sound quality will blow you away, very nice. SPL is also great. Read reviews on them and you'll see what I'm talking about. I'm not really a fan of MTX 9500s, or any of MTX's subs, actually, they make great class D amps for people on a budget. I like the sound quality of both the ID Maxxes and Eclipse Titaniums better than the 9500. The SPL of the 9500 isn't all they make it out to be, either, you'll see the W7 comparison on their website, in reality the 13W7 puts out more SPL than the 9500.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Im really not a fan of JL W7s at all, i have heard them, and i still dont like them, But i think i will go with eclipse titaniums, i definetly want at least 15s so would i be better off with 2 15 inch regular titaniums or one 18 inch pro?

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 355
I guess you're going for SPL, the 18 pro would hit a little harder. The two 15s would sound better. 18's just are huge and don't have a lot of responsiveness, they're usually strictly SPL.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
can you recommend an amp to push the 18 pro with?

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 360
You're gonna spend a lot. The sub is over $1200 and takes 3000W RMS. How much can you spend?

Username: Alextoy

Chicago, Illinois

you can try the power acoustic fubr series i own two 12's 1800 watts each there to loud whith a 1600 2ch amp power acoustic gothic series

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Jon, I can spend whatever but i want to make sure its the loudest anyone around here has ever heard, so i want the best of everything. Sorry it took so long for the respond.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3398
Jon, what size are your Ti subs, and how much would you want for em?
I might be interested in taking em off your hands for the right price.
Let me know and I can get a hold of ya off-forum about it.

Anonymous

Grab a US Amps DE-3000 or Strap 2 DE-3000s together and that Sub will be SUPER Loud

Anonymous

JOnathon.. I have a ? though I have a 98 Blazer
Alpine CDA-7897 HU,

2 Alpine Type R 6.5 Components Front/Rear. .with Clarion SRX-4693 4x6 Plates in Dash
This on a JL 300/4

For staging should I move Front Tweeters to Pillars Facing Window? Im looking to Make it seem as the singer is on the dash (Front Staging) Any Ideals?

Also for Bass.. I had 4 Alpine Type R 12s
and I also have a MRD-M1000 and a Memphis 16-MC1000D

Should I A. Go with 2 RE TripleX 12s on a JL 1000/1

OR B. 2 JL W6v2s on a JL 1000/1 OR C. RE TripleX 12s on a Linear Power 2.2hv ?

Which amps, which Subs? Im looking for SQ Ive heard the W6v2s are Extremely Accoustic.. So.. Give me some ideas??

AIM- is0phase
yahoo- isophase9966

or email- isophase@insightbb.com

HELP PLEASE! lol

Username: Bowsy

Plymouth, MA US

I have 2 JL Audio 12w3v2s http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?0=314&1=318&3=1474 ) i have a '98 acura integra ls with factory alternator. I also have alpine CDA-9827 ( http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?0=204&1=207&3=1801 ) what is the best amp i can get under 300 bucks to run the subs??? I'm just getting into Car Audio and any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Maxkilla

Malta

Post Number: 49
Get a Zapco amp or the new JBL 6000 watts
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us