Which components to buy ???

Username: Skober

Faribault, Mn Usa

Post Number: 1
Want to "upgrade" 1997 tahoe 6.5 speakers in all four doors...
Suggestions for budget of $600 all doors

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 252
Don't worry about rear speakers. Spend the money on a good 6.5" component set up front. Infinity Kappa Perfects, Diamond Audio HEX, JL Audio XR series are all great component speakers and are below $600. You can get Kappa Perfects online for around $200-250 and spend the rest of the money on a nice 2 channel amp to power them.

Faribault, Mn Usa

Post Number: 2
Jonathan: Thanks for the referrals.. you have any thoughts on a "Focal" application?
Was pretty much informed on JL and Kappa but was educated today in my area by a dealer that "Focal" were the components to buy ?

Thanks again

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 254
I only really like Focal's higher line, the Utopias, way over your budget. Focal's Polyglass lines and others aren't really as good a quality in my opinion, and are overpriced due to import taxes. But opinions only go so far. The best thing to do is listen to as many sets as you can from dealers and see what you like. Also a good set I just had the pleasure of hearing and forgot to mention is Adire Audio Kodas. They are fantastic, definately the best components I've heard for factory locations (their design was optimized to be flat for off axis applications, such as factory door locations) and have the best midbass I've heard in a 2-way component system, the mid has a DUMAX verified 5.6 mm one way x-max. Very detailed and aren't harsh on your ears. Also pretty cheap, $350.

Faribault, Mn Usa

Post Number: 3
Those Adire Kodas sound interesting. Cannot find a link to take a look at them or get any info !!
Jonathan:
Of the previous three mentioned Diamond, JL, or Affinity which (one) would you pick ?? Would that choice over run your "Adire" likeness ?

Bronze Member
Username: Demigod33

Post Number: 73
infinity 6.1 perfect

Bronze Member
Username: Mattl

Bolingbrook, Illinois USA

Post Number: 66
I agree with Jonathan on the recommendation, but will add the possibility of:

* Focal V3E 3-way components, $380
* Hifonix NX400, $160

It's a sweet stage.

-Matt

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 611
The Kodas will work better in factory locations due to off-axis response, the others mentioned are more linear (meaning they sound best when pointing toward you rather than a bit away). The Kodas are nice, but not my favorites. Out of the ones mentioned above, I like the Diamond audio HEX series the best, the set with silk tweeters. My overall personal favorite is Dynaudio though, any of their components, none are low end, they're all top of the line and of the same quality, just different sizes, I didn't mention those because most are usually above $600, but I found them under $600 here: http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?0=270&1=271&3=2264 They're smooth, even, and true to the music, none compare in my book, I like them better than the Focals as well. They're definately worth you considering. It runs right at your budget after shipping. If you're unsure about the Dyn's, reviews can be read here: http://www.carreview.com I couldn't get the link to go directly to the speakers, just go to product reviews, search for speakers and go to Dynaudio, then choose the Dynaudio System 220,240 review. Great reviews and will explain what to expect from the set. You can also read reviews on other components there and find out what to expect from the sets and any possible weaknesses. The Dynaudio's are very neutral and revealing, you'll hear stuff in the music you've never heard before, you'll want to listen to all your CD's all over again :-) It's always best to go audition a set of components before buying if possible as your tastes may be totally different than mine. The Kodas can be had on http://www.acoustic-visions.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us