Pioneer Premiere vs. Non-Premiere

Username: Kompulsive

Post Number: 1
What is the main difference between the two?

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7207
warranty....... and with the newer pioneer HUS theres a good chance you'll be needing it

Platinum Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin MY SUBS GET ...

Post Number: 1836
Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Philly306

New quote coming soon, North carolina

Post Number: 1048
Oh so M.S. you've had a chance to personally install and use many of the new pioneers? It would be nice to see a thread about HUs where you aren't bashing Pioneer

I currently run a 3+ yr old premier and love it.

Platinum Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7209
Yeah I have installed a few of them, and they're the only ones that seem to have issues. I never see that with the Alpines...... or most other decent brands of HUs.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 1049
The fact is that way too many people that run pioneer HUs flawlessly for you to even have an arguement here.

Platinum Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin MY SUBS GET ...

Post Number: 1842
I have a 780 and the only thing that comes through my speakers is crystal clear music.

Platinum Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7219
The fact is you're an idiot. How many HUs have YOU installed? Thought so.

Search the various car audio forums for threads about broken rca outputs on pioneer HUs. It happens WAY to often for it to be considered anything other than a design flaw. A design they are still using.

By contrast, I have never seen a single HU from another brand with the same problem.

Platinum Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1588
"The fact is you're an idiot"
Good move there, I really would love to take advice from someone who insults another member by assuming. It might just happen right back to you.

"How many HUs have YOU installed?"
I, myself, have installed several pioneers without any problems at all.

"Yeah I have installed a few of them, and they're the only ones that seem to have issues."

And you are calling someone else an idiot? It takes a real no brainer to work on a head unit without first removing the ground from it.

"Search the various car audio forums for threads about broken rca outputs on pioneer HUs."

Won't happen if it's installed right.

"By contrast, I have never seen a single HU from another brand with the same problem."

Once in a while you will receive a bad unit. Does this happen for pioneer only? NO. It happens for any other brand too.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 1056
M.S. the rca "problem" is limited to a few models and i can show you how to install it properly so there will be no rca problems whatsoever.

damn now you're out of ammo. Now what do you do? thats right name calling.

Platinum Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7232
" Won't happen if it's installed right. "

The hell it won't....... all the units I speak of were installed by me, therefore properly installed. Anyone who knows me knows I won't work on anything without disconnecting ground, and constantly scold people who don't do it........

All of the units with this problem developed it later.
They were fine when I installed them.

Platinum Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1589
I guess I'm lucky. I've never had a pioneer develop a problem for me in any of my installs.

Platinum Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7233
It's not like it happens to every unit...... but I've seen quite a few with it

Silver Member
Username: Mrsq

California

Post Number: 217
my p690ub is great and rca is fine,

Platinum Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1070
what causes alot of rca problems withem at least i was told by a acctual "tech support" by pioneer when i had a unit tested before i sold it and had a warrenty on it but i used the unit hard and wanted to make sure it was fine while i had the chance. anyway the tech guy told me many ppl disconnect the rcas or one rca it hits ground causes a back feed and blows the rca line. he said it's user error and who knows. also a big diff with premiere to the original poster. is features like almost all premiere's have rotary knob volume control on the wireless remotes. other then features theres not to much else i only rently found a shop to carry that line but i had my system already and don't plan on upgrading.

Bronze Member
Username: Beatin_down_yo_block

Okalhoma City, Oklahoma United States

Post Number: 21
i have a deh 780mp premiere and it sounds as clear as a dolphins mating call

Bronze Member
Username: Beatin_down_yo_block

Okalhoma City, Oklahoma United States

Post Number: 22
i have a premeir 780mp and it sounds as clear as a dolphins mating call, do you understand me??

Bronze Member
Username: Danh

Post Number: 46
To get back to the issue, the main difference between the comparable Pioneer deck is the warranty, the "Premier" name on the top of the head unit, and if it's a USB HU it comes with the USB-to-iPod cord.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

All he does is catch t..., Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 14152
I have seen so many DD subs fail its ridiculous, does that mean they are crap to??? No piece of equipment will fail unless driven beyond its limits or user error...even the crap brands

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7399
Thats the most retarded statement I ever heard. Yeah, if I install a Kenwood amp properly it will run forever. Not.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

All he does is catch t..., Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 14153
Just a generalization, I figured you would be smart enough to no nothing last forever

Silver Member
Username: Fac3l3ss

Post Number: 146
i recently bought myself a 2007 cobalt ls 4dr...i believe they have a pioneer system..yes? anyways i haven't heard a lot of systems out there but in my opinion it sucks horribly..the sound quality is not good at all...i badly need something new in there...any suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Fac3l3ss

Post Number: 147
can anyone help me out with a system for my cobalt?

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1746
I wouldn't buy another Pioneer.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us