PLEASE help, just bought a system

Username: Oosurf08oo

Colroado springs, Co

Post Number: 1
ok everyone, i know very little about systems, i just bought this today and im pretty sure i got a really awesome deal. but im not sure if my amp will support my subs.. can you please help

i have 2 of these 12's in a ported box, these are the subs
Rockford Fosgate RFR3112
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_946_Rockford+Fosgate+RFR3112+12-+Power+HX2.h tml

and this is the amp ( audiobahn a8000t) )
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9988_Audiobahn+A8000T+R-B.html

please reply or hit me on aim ( oosurf08oo ) i would really appreciate it, i want to know if my amp will support these subs and my system will be good, i havent installed it yet..
also i got it all for 450$ is that a good deal?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7189
That amp isn't anywhere near enough to fully power those subs but it will work. Those are decent subs, and most audiobahn amps are not good but that particular one is ok.

Silver Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 544
it says those subs take 1000 rms each and your amp puts out 800 @ 2 ohms. so pretty underpowered. i think you should maybe sell them and start over. your decision.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7191
Theres nothing wrong with running less power than the subs can handle. They just won't be anywhere near as loud as they could be with a bigger amplifier.

Colroado springs, Co

Post Number: 2
ok well, i like the subs, and pretty sure i got a great price right? could i just buy another amp, and use 2 amps? that same amp is for sale for 109 dollars online i found. i deffinatly want my subs to be as loud as possible, could i buy an additional amp and use 2 amps? or just maybe buy a new amp

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7194
You could but heres the thing. Usually a stock electrical system can not support more than a ~1000w amp. You've got 800w there, so I'd say try it and see how you like it.

Electrical system upgrades get expensive real quick.

Also whats the deal with the box. The box needs to be made for the subs, the prefab ones are crap. The box will make or break the system.

Colroado springs, Co

Post Number: 3
what does electircal system mean? i have a 7 inch alpine in dash ill be using, if thats waht you mean.. and also, the box is SICK... the dude i bought it from made the box himself i think, its huge very big, ported (has a space in between the subs (kinda like 2 boxes in one thing)) also.. i think he said i will be running on 1 ohm or something.. i dont know much, my buddy took me who knows a lot about this kinda stuff.. i think he said my amp will be going on 1 ohm, and can push 1600 watts, what would u reccomend i do

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7195
That amp is not 1 ohm stable you have to wire the subs to 2 ohms.

Two DVC 2 ohm subs which yours are can't be wired to 1 ohm anyways.

Electrical system is alternator, battery, wiring.

Silver Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 546
make your own box too, to the subs specs.

Bronze Member
Username: Waresgaragestereo

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 43
what kinda car is it? yes you shud build your own box.

MS when he said that the amp could do 1600 watts rms, do ya think he meant bridging the amp? i understand about the ohms.

Platinum Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7204
You can't bridge a mono amp..... duh

Bronze Member

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 46
ok i misread the key features on the product page. i thought it was a 2 ch amp

i know you cant bridge a mono amp. a cave man could figure that out.

Colroado springs, Co

Post Number: 4
ok well, can anyone answer my quetsion above?

Platinum Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7218
What didn't I answer

Platinum Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2391
Zach, don't be so defensive.

MS, he asked what you meant by "electrical system".

He's talking about the alternator that converts mechanical energy to electrical current to charge your car's battery and power all the devices that require electricity. Electrical system usually includes your battery and the cables that ground the battery and alternator to the
body.

Basically, to run an amplifier that would drive the subs their rated power, you would need to spend a whole bunch of money on a high output alternator and other upgrades to the electrical system.

You might be thinking, "Well I'll just get an amp that will do 1000W and then I'll be done", but you really won't notice much of a difference. Even if you doubled the power, it wouldn't be a HUGE difference and you would need a new alternator as well as upgraded grounds/alternator positive terminal to battery positive terminal cable.

Bronze Member

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 59
correct!

Platinum Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2394
Woohooooo!!

The guru Zach Ware has okayed my post!!!!!!

Platinum Member
Username: 04redmach1

Lagrange, GA USA

Post Number: 1735
I'm not being an @ss or anything, but why would someone buy things, THEN ask if it will work or ok???? I never understood this. It is like f_cking a chick then ask if she has AIDS.

So anywho, back to subject, sell what you have and let us help you. Then, go to your friend who "thinks" he knows, and give im a swift kick to the nutz :-) Youtube that please!

Kevin

Platinum Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7768
Lol, like Kevin said, ASK BEFORE YOU BUY. If you're not sure about something don't be afraid to ask for help before you make a huge mistake.

Platinum Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1386
lol i agree with kevin, ask before you buy nething!!!!

"what does electircal system mean? i have a 7 inch alpine in dash ill be using, if thats what you mean."

sorry but ROTFL

Colroado springs, Co

Post Number: 5
.. wow your g a y
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us