Mono 2ohm

Username: Ebin5446

GA

Post Number: 1
so i have an audiobahn 12" immortal and i want to get a mono 2 ohm stable 500 watts RMS amp any suggestions

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5258
kicker zx 400.1 or 750.1, jbl gto 601

Platinum Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1357
kicker zx500.1

Platinum Member

Post Number: 5262
i'd like to see that model donnie

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7214
http://www.hookedontronicsbuys.com/show_product_details.jsp?cid=50676&brandtype= 0

OWNED

Haha sry juliob :-)

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 15736
I have that exact amp BNIB and for sale.

In case anyone's interested.

I'd let it go for what's in M.S's link shipped.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/for-sale/463350.html

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 15737
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/for-sale/463350.html

Somehow E's being retarded today.

Platinum Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3489
PG X600.1
PG RSd500.1

Platinum Member

Post Number: 5265
haha impressive. My bad.

GA

Post Number: 2
ok so thanks for all the info what do you guys think about a clarion 800w mono amp sorry i dont know the exact model number but i was just curious about your thoughts

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Lagrange, GA USA

Post Number: 1801
Brad, where in GA are you? What is amp budget?

Kevin

GA

Post Number: 3
northeast atl and id like it to be 400 or less

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1548
is that a quad 2? 2250w rms?

Why not a Lanzar Opti2000D? 1900w at 1/2 ohm. $305 shipped at allaudioexpo.com

The 500-800w amps will barely tickle that thing.

GA

Post Number: 4
its only 2000w rms its not the 15 but i dont think it will handle va 1/2 ohm load and honestly the way i have it now is damn good but i just want it set up right do i really need to max it out

Gold Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1554
the sub doesn't "handle" the impedance. The sub IS the impedance, the AMP has to "handle" it. The 2000d is a 1/2 ohm stable amp, and it will do 1900w+ at that impedance.

No, you don't need to max it out at all, it's just that people don't usually buy 2000w ~$300 SPL subs to baby them. Not to mention, just because the power would be there wouldn't mean you have to blast it all the time.
If it were me I'd want to push it once in a while just to remind myself what it can do.
:-)

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1491
What amp do you have on it now? Running a sub at a certain ohm load won't hurt it, it's the amp you need to watch.

GA

Post Number: 6
im running a power acoustik mt 1600-2
i know its not doing what i want or what it should really be used for i was given all this from my friend for christmas so i couldnt complain

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Lagrange, GA USA

Post Number: 1836
I have an Ample Audio EX680 tat will work very well. About 700+ rms at 2 ohm mono.

Kevin

GA

Post Number: 7
im just curious about why the lanzar is so cheap. is it just of lower quality product or what? and does anyone know what the calculations are for building a box

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6042
lanzars' crap imo. you will have 2 members here that'll say they're nice, but i'd say spend more and get a better quality amp.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5319
haha ctmike i'm one LOL! optidriven is the other one.

in my opinion.. i think 300$ for 1972w rms at 0.5 ohms at 14.4V is very decent.

GA

Post Number: 8
ok so what are some other suggestions

Gold Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1566
The Lanzar's less expensive than many comparable amps because like many companies that are sold mainly online they have to provide a lot for the cost because the market is so saturated. Plus, since their overhead is lower than a lot of other brands they don't have as big a mark up.

The Opti 2000D, 4000D and 6000D have been pretty popular in the SPL lanes the past couple years because they're powerful, reliable, and affordable.

But CT douchebag up there seems to know better than the people that actually use them so his opinion is probably as good as gold.

Gold Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1567
this does, after all, look a LOT like "crap"...

Upload

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6049
so i'm a douchebag? and haven't used them? wow, really know me huh. and yes i have used them before that's why i say IMO he can do better, as i'm sure others would agree. don't get mad at me cause i have an opinion, i don't go around calling you a douchebag for stating your opinion. also, why is lanzar aways in the 'questionable' category of good, bad lists? IMO, again, IN MY OPINION, i'd spend a little more and get an amp that is known to be of better quality.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5321
that's the benchtest i was talking about.

I don't think ctmike deserved to be called a douchebag, he knows the deal opti.. but yes like you said, optidrive line is very decent.

Also they're not in the GOOD group of the list because they have budget lines... such as: viberant, heritage and vibe. Somo of those models work great and put good numbers, but the rest are bad.

Gold Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1569
To state optidrives are "crap", yes, I think that brings douchebaggery into play. But, after all, it is only my "opinion".

The good/bad lists are gross over-generalizations. I've never seen one I haven't rolled my eyes at halfway through, and I think it's unfortunate that the uninformed are looking to sources such as those to decide which products to buy.
Like Julio said - since they never break down each brands lines Lanzar is probably where it should be considering Vibe/Viberant/Heritage lines cancel out the Optidrive line.

Are there better choices than Optidrive? Of course.
Is there better for the price? That's at least debateable.
Nothing in the optidrive line of amps has ever tested worse than very good, most have shown exceptional numbers.
1900w reliably is pretty hard to beat for $305.

But sure, "crap" seems like the obvious classification.
I guess I shouldn't have questioned your expertise.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6051
wow, seems like someone's really getting butthurt here. i'll just keep my opinion i guess to myself, seeing as how i have no expereince with any lanzar amps at all.

so brad, go with the lanzar, you can't beat it. even though you could get a sundown saz1500d slightly used in your budget, however, the sundown isn't as good an amp as the lanzar.

Gold Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1570
"butthurt"?? That sounds very bad.
I hope you don't speak from personal experience.

Blanket statements just get under my skin. Opinions like yours would have the industry reduced to just a handful of brands. That's not good for anybody.

If "Lanzar sucks" that means everything below Hifonics sucks and I think most people would agree there are plenty of products HF/Lanzar quality and below that are more than adequate for the average hobbyist.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6053
again, you are right. i have never owned a lanzar amp in my life and am just repeating what everyone else on here says. it is all just a blanket statement i made just to say it.

but if someone needs a very, very budget amp with questionable reliability, then yes, lanzar would work. however the o.p.s' budget allows him something of a little better quality so why not suggest one?

GA

Post Number: 9
there shouldnt be any bickering back and forth who cares if someone else says that lanzar is crap i read a lot on this forum before i signed up and all i read is how much audiobahn sucks and im surprised noones said anything on here yet but i understand that audiobahn isnt the best speaker out there if i would have bought it i would have gone with the jl w7 but i was given it for free so no complaints im just trying to figure out which amp is going to give me what i want and not burn out on me

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6055
i didn't say anything about the audiobahn cause you said you already have it. if you said you were going to buy it, then i'd have tried to persuade you otherwise.

but personally, search for a used sundown saz1500d. they go for within your price range and it's a great amp. will run at 1/2ohm daily with no problems AS LONG AS YOU HAVE THE ELECTRICAL SYSTEM TO SUPPORT IT.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3540
Brad Hodgens

Why are you buying a 500RMS at 2ohm amp for a 2000RMS sub.

Gold Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1572
"the o.p.s' budget allows him something of a little better quality so why not suggest one?"
Because I believe the opti 2000d would be among the best possible options in the $400 range for this application. It is typically a $350 amp, allaudioexpo just happens to sell it for a lower than normal price.

Call me crazy, but it seems strange to buy a 1 ohm stable amp that "can" run at 1/2 ohm if the electrical environment is ideal vs an amp that will produce as much or more power and was designed to run at 1/2 ohm and will do so comfortably down to 12.5v.

I'm just trying to help the OP get the most for his money and an amp that is designed to fit the need.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6059
fyi, the sundown can run daily at 1/2ohm. and was even covered under warranty at 1/2ohm. until to many people that didn't know what they were doing messed up their amps.

also, when i said he must have the electrical system, it wasn't meaning to just run the sundown at 1/2ohm., it was meant that he needed the electrical system to keep up with any 1900w system in his car.

Gold Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1573
Since Brad was planning on 500-800w, but could afford as much as 1900w I took that to mean he has no plans to be slamming Techmaster at high volume all the time.

Unless the car it would go in is a small import I don't think a high output charging system will be a necessity. The 2000d's very efficient, and won't draw a ton of current at low-medium volume.

GA

Post Number: 10
for everyones information imputting this in a 1999 dodge caravan

Gold Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1574
Audiobahn Box Specifications
AWIS12P
-- Space saver --
Net Volume (Cu ft) - 1.45
Port Size (Inches - dia x lgth) 4 x 11.75
Port Velocity (%) - 16.73
-3dB (Hz) 34.69
Tune Freq. (Hz) 40
Sub Disp. (Cu. Ft.) 0.4
Port Disp.(Cu. Ft.) 0.097
Total Vol. (Cu. Ft.) 2

-- Bass Performer --
Net volume (Cu. Ft.) 2.3
Port Size (Inches) - (2) 4 x 15
Port Vel. (%) - 11.81
-3dB (Hz) 33.81
Tune Freq. (Hz) 40
Sub Disp. (Cu. Ft.) 0.4
Port Disp.(Cu. Ft.) 0.25
Total Vol. (Cu. Ft.) 3

Gold Member

Post Number: 5325
well ctmike i know you have messed with good brands and stuff but me for example i've always liked budget stuffs that really works. For example i'm going to my second year using my vibe 1800d. I got it for 145$ shipped, the amp does around 1200w rms+ or- give it or take and came with warranty. Imagine if i buy another one and strap them... that would mean around 2500w rms for less than 300$ while maintaining some reliability.

The point about this thread is that optidrive.. besides all the cr@p people say, does the job. Simple as that.

About audiobahn... their High current mono amps put some serious power but they tend to fail very often that's why no one likes them.

Silver Member
Username: Nissankicker

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 285
BNIB zx750.1!
... $175 shipped

Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 3567
Brad Hodgens

Why are you buying a 500RMS at 2ohm amp for a 2000RMS sub.

D.J. Tucker

Damn that is a hell of a deal for a ZX750.1 What does the birthsheet say?(I can't read it)

Silver Member
Username: Nissankicker

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 287
It's only 887...
... But I've dropped the price to $150 shipped.

Bronze Member

GA

Post Number: 12
ok so i still havent made my mind up on this subject nor do i have the money yet but is there any other suggestions on where i can find a ho alt. for a 99 dodge caravan and what amp i should get and any other components that i should look into getting i am also looking for a new hu i want a flip out dvd possibly with nav features

Bronze Member

GA

Post Number: 14
so anyone have any suggestions
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us