Sound Deadener

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

Mach5Audio M...

Post Number: 1890
Im in need of some cheap sound deadener what kind should I get? I was thinking about getting the ED Edead v1 for $1 a sq. ft. If theres something better let me know. Also about how many sq ft would I need to do 2 doors?

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3770
I am unfamiliar with deading stuff, But I know measurements. Measure your door, like 2'x3' or so and dble it. So maybe 12-15 sqf

Silver Member
Username: Denim

SoundSolutionsAudio.com, MD USA

Post Number: 649
Save a few extra dollars for Second Skin Damplifier or RAAMAT BXT before you buy anything from eD.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

All he does is catch t..., Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 14125
Peel-N-Seal from Lowes or Home Depot...pretty cheap..

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5084
dude chaunce, when are you getting those pics of the whip. i wanna see the BL install.

Diamond Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.1DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 13485
i 2nd the second skin - better than dynamat xtreme & works gr8 ......

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 19976
stinger road kill is awesome.

Silver Member
Username: Deadrabit

Post Number: 326
hushmat is thicker than anything. u can get it pretty cheap on ebay

Silver Member
Username: Deadrabit

Post Number: 327
if ur wanting something really cheap i might have some extra. its just like the hushmat on ebay that is 1/4 inch think. its not as heavy as the normal hushmat but it works really well.
the kind that i have is 3M stuff. (the glue and tape place)
my gpa works there and this is a new line of stuff that they are coming out. its a new sound damping deal. i don't have any of it in my car yet so i am not sure how it compares to the hushmat/other stuff.
ill sell ya soem really really cheap or maybe just give u some if u pay for shipping. i have so much of it.
maybe we can work out some kind of deal idk!
i keep saying hushmat because that is all i have ever used so i guess i can't say anything about the other stuff other than fatmat and dynamat. DONT GET FATMAT! its a total waste of money! it comes off and the parts that do stay on don't do anything. dynamat is good stuff but the hushmat is really better. if u go to an audiostore the usually have an example of different kinds of mat so u can see which one is thicker and stuff like that

Platinum Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3682
Peel 'N' Seal is identical to the original eDead V1. Put around 15 sq. ft. on each door in multiple layers and use a heat gun.

Silver Member
Username: Denim

SoundSolutionsAudio.com, MD USA

Post Number: 675
I would not suggest putting peal n' seal or eDead on anything other then horizontal surfaces. There have been too many horror stories of the them dripping down and ending up in a pool of goo at the bottom.

Silver Member
Username: Rtyauch301

Post Number: 246
iv tried dynammat and i had some edead id get dynamat. edead is very thin didnt seam 2 work in my opinion just me though

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.1DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 13514
some places even though ur using a top quality deadening it requires 2 layers to be even more effective .....

Silver Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 409
if you go edead type in the code:

forumdiscount

for 20% off
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us