Tweeter location

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4154
What do you guys think about the tweeter going right behind you like where the seat bealt clips in underneath that? Do you think it will sound good or be to harsh. I only say this because I have no more room to fit wires into my doors unless I want to make a new hole which I dont want to do.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7151
That would sound really bad....... the sound needs to come from in front of you. Usually mounting somewhere on the door panel works best, in order to get the correct height.

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1292
what the A pillars? the only way to find out is to try it....just put sum tape on the back of the tweeters and mount them there....i got mine near my door handles

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 19842
charlie i have messed with many locations by using a double side tape. the best place for my tweeters were the top part of the door panel firing towards the rearview mirror.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5026
some cars actually have tweeters or speakers (not sure which) on the seat...

for example...

Upload

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7155
Surround sound yeah. Thats a completely different world than 2 channel stereo.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5039
he never specified.

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 641
i have mine on the door "sails" so they cross fire in a sense.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 19861
i wanted mine on the door sails as well but it only came with a flush mount cup.

Silver Member
Username: Prozack52

Cincinnati, 2-D615D4 Dia...

Post Number: 266
i have my tweeters (memphis they swivel any direction) mounted in the top of my sub box and they dont sound harsh they actually sound quit nice and they are right behind me i have an extend cab s-10

Silver Member

Post Number: 267
http://youtube.com/watch?v=b8vMqrud688
you can see my tweetrs in top of box next to amps and sry audio is messed up in vid its slower than vid

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7161
That may just be the worst soundstage ever

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3762
Like chad said, move them around and see what sounds best.

And lol zack's vid.

Silver Member

Post Number: 268
whats so funny?

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 15623
To me it means tweets on the box.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 19865
zack i hope you have a set of tweeters up front as well.

Silver Member

Post Number: 269
well laugh all you want it sounds good believe it or not so....

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 19866
i wasn't laughing. if you put tweeters up front it would sound so much better. give it a try man.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 6245
Usually the door panels or the A-pillar works well.

Try wiring em up and just putting tape on them. Move them around in the car until you find the position you like most.

Most tweets have horrible off-axis response, to try to aim them for the passengers. In some cases, I have seen ok results them firing toward the front glass...but most of the time you want to aim toward the passengers heads.

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 821
what about the piece by your side view mirriors

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 19873
ben all i can say is make the tweeter cable a bit longer and use a double sided tape and try many places. most importantly, aiming.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 19874
tweeter location and aiming can break or make your system. i think its one of the most important aspects of an install.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2377
Pretty sure what Canaan was saying was to fire the left tweeter at the passenger's head and the right tweeter at the driver's head. This is supposed to be a good starting point.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4155
okay guys I just really dont want to tear my door panel off and run more wires in there since theres barely any space in there already but ill try the tape and see how it goes. Im just wondering why it would sound so bad if it was firing at you from behind you cause isnt that pretty much the same thing as firing at you from in front of you except even closer i dont know just wondering ive nevere done tweets b4

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7174
Think about it when your at a live performance is the sound in front of you or behind you.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 19897
charlie you don't have to use a thick cable for tweeters. it shouldn't be a problem with space. put it up front on your door panel or the window sail. those are good places.

do it.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4161
ya but im not trying to be a smart a%% but if you turn around doesnt it sound the same? I mean or some speakers could be placed behind you like rearfill speakers. that could make it like surroud sound

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 19900
surround sound system have time alignment and other processors that make it so. still even in the surround sound system, the main are up front.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4165
okay just checking i dont know the diffrence in this stuff but im still going to test it and see what sounds better

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2706
"but if you turn around doesnt it sound the same"

"Think about it when your at a live performance is the sound in front of you or behind you."

I've never been to a live performance with rear speakers....If you turn around? think about that question, and how your ears are shaped before you post again....lol

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4166
mhh lets see have you ever turned around at a concert? does it sound exactly the same yes it does. so dont even post again thieves its also known as a ? not a i know more than you comment so stfu

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1587
All I did was put some tape on my tweeters and move them around until I found a spot that sounded best. Everyone will have a different opinion on what they like the best. My tweeters are about 6 inches above and to the left my 6.5".

I also use rear refill speakers as I like the sound coming from all around the best over just front stage. Plus I was born hard of hearing in my right ear so going in SQ would be a no no!

I think it comes down to what you like the best as you have to listen to it the most!

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2707
actually it doesn't sound the same, unless your ears are taped back. but I guess if you're slightly deaf or something, it may sound the same.

I've been to many a concert, and know that it doesn't sound the same, even when up close.

for the record, no one said they know more than you, now calm your happyass down and take some advice for those who are willing to help you:-)

"i dont know the diffrence in this stuff"

just trying to help..lol

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4169
no u where making sarcastic remarks about it not trying to help thats why so many people hate this forum because of bs answers like yours up there

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2708
how was that a bs answer? i was enabling you to think for yourself. quit being immature. when I'm being sarcastic, you will know it. that was complete seriousness.

how about this example. take your balance, and turn all the way to your front speakers, then turn it all the way to your rear speakers. come back, and then tell me it sounds the same.

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 19977
charlie any updates? did you try various locations?

also thieves ain't like that charlie. thieves is a cool guy.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us