Speaker amp combo?

Username: 96prelude

Post Number: 2
Hey guys i need a good set of 6.5's for the front door speakers in my prelude. I listen to everything but mostly rap. I am looking to spend about 100 on some good 6.5's. What are the best ones available for this price range?

Post Number: 3
wups sorry guys i am talking about 100 for just the speakers. And if you have any recommendations on an amp i would appreciate them.

Thanks
Mike

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 600
i would suggest saving up a bit more.

alpine type-r 6.5's are on ebay for pretty cheap. probably the best for that price range. as for an amp, that all depends on what speakers you get

Silver Member
Username: Caraudio

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 800
infinity 6012I aren't bad but with thoes you really do need an amp you get NO-MIDbass at all i dont know why It sucks to have all 4 of them when your fuse blows it sounds horrible with out bass.

Silver Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 602
i wouldnt recommend infinity speakers.. they are harsh sounding and no midbass.

with any component set, you need an amp to get the best sound out of them. Also, the install plays a very important role in how a speaker will sound

Silver Member
Username: Caraudio

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 805
I would agree I kind of regret getting them at the end of the day but I leave the Bass to the Kicker CVX12 and the Rockford Power Serise amp.

Only thing is do you ever notice MidBass when you have a Sub that shakes the bolts off your car?? If not some speakers that are good for Vocals would be your goal michale but if you want just Speakers/Components then look into Ecplise or Alpine they will sound the best. Then once you get hungry for more Bass feed that need ; )

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7137
Yeah the infinitys do suck....... truth is for $100 you're not going to get a real good set of speakers. The good ones start around $300 and go up from there.

That said, the best under $100 speakers I've heard are the phoenix gold RSD.

Post Number: 4
My last system was horrible(walmart speakers and home entertainment speakers ) and i defintely want this one a lil bit better.

I cant decide between component or coaxial.
The prelude has a spot for tweeters on the dash(behind a mesh pocket) so i guess the tweeters could go there. and i could put the 6.5's in the door.
I sorta like these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Alpine-SPR17S-Type-R-6-5-Component-Car-Speakers-6 60W_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38646QQihZ010QQitemZ200212251636QQrdZ1QQsspagenam eZWDVW

Lets say i get some of these what amp would b a good fit for them?

Plus I have never installed crossovers how do they work and how do you install them?

Silver Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 606
"Only thing is do you ever notice MidBass when you have a Sub that shakes the bolts off your car?? "

uhh YEA! my car shakes like h3ll and i still want to hear every bit of the music. who wants to hear just flat out bass? competitors do. for everyone else, they buy good speakers that can reproduce the sound loud and clear.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us